Hacking Exceptions DSI issue

Madz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the 4.1 firmware and its all softmodded and everything. Anyway, using Usb Loader GX has always worked fine on my wii and my friends. Never had any issues. Anyway I bought a tiger woods game and copied it to the hard drive and then packed the hard drive up aand took it to my friends house to play it, and the game works but the problem I am having is 3/4 of the time the screen goes black and gives me the Exceptions (DSI) Error. after a couple tries the game will finally work. Not on just that game but on all my backups. So i thought maybe it was just his wii and hooked it up as soon as I got home and it does it to mine too all of a sudden. Right now I have a surface scan running on the hard drive to make sure it didnt take any damage in transit but I figured I would ask if anyone else has ran into a issue like this after saving a game to the disk. Is it possible the WBFS is corrupt now? Thanks in advance for any help i get.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DSI Errors typically are a bug in the loader and not the game. Did you and your friend happen to recently upgrade GX to a newer revision?

Madz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.. :/ I downloaded the newest version from wiibrew(i think) but I have not used the built in updater. Right now I am reformatting the WBFS partition and will try that. If not, do you think redownloading USB Loader would work?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I definitely would have tried using other loaders first before resorting to reformatting the hard drive. However, now that it's already underway, you can wait and check when you're done whether the problem still persists. If it does, then I strongly suggest you try either a different revision of GX and/or a different loader entirely.

Madz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just took a gander at yours from your signature. It wouldnt happen to have any issues with DSI exception errors would it?
biggrin.gif

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only time I've ever had any DSI errors with USB Loader GX was after I've updated to a newer version, and the old /config folder is present on the SD card.

Most likely all you needed to do was delete the old configs and let the new USB Loader GX make new ones.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Madz said:
I just took a gander at yours from your signature. It wouldnt happen to have any issues with DSI exception errors would it?
biggrin.gif
It does have the occasional one sometimes when a complicated new feature is added, but they always quickly get ironed out by the next version if you post about the bug in the thread. In my and many others' opinions, it's definitely the most stable of the loaders.

Madz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retrievil said:
The only time I've ever had any DSI errors with USB Loader GX was after I've updated to a newer version, and the old /config folder is present on the SD card.

Most likely all you needed to do was delete the old configs and let the new USB Loader GX make new ones.

After I formatted the partition I reinstalled Tiger Woods PGA Tour back onto the external and it still gave me the error. So I deleted the config folder and that seems to have done the trick. I am glad it is nothing major.

That configurable loader looks very attractive. I am going to have to download that.

EDIT: Using Bootmii is it possible to boot directly into your configurable usb loader?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Madz said:
EDIT: Using Bootmii is it possible to boot directly into your configurable usb loader?
No. Using BootMii, you can only boot directly into the HBC, but then Cfg is only one click away. You can boot directly into Configurable USB Loader using Narolez' forwarder (in the first post of the main thread) and Preloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.