Hacking Exact difference between a GC and a Wii game?(Thread relates to USB lo

interdpth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, all I know is that Wii games are pretty much GC games but beefed a bit Could I technically make pad a GC game to 4.7gb, would WBFS manager then let me put it on the drive thus me launching it? Or what's the problem? Would really like to know.

and yes i'm talking about launching a GC game in Wii mode.
smile.gif

mrfraser89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason you can't do it, from what I have read, is that to load a gamecube game, the gamecube emulator turns on, (which is a seperate piece of hardware), once this turns on it disables usb/wifi etc.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no gamecubne emulator. Considering that the wii is a more powerful version of the gamecube, the wii simply shuts down the extra hardware.
Despite the similarities, the games are written and structured in a way that gamecube games cannot be. There are multiple partitions on wii games for updates and such while the GC games have none. They cannot simply be filled with extra gigs of blank space as it will still be read as a gamecube game. It is all about the heading info in the disks.

domshen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the disc or image header was changed and it was partitioned to look like a wii game if it could work. that would require a special formatting app on a pc but that is an interesting way to try and tackle it. that is in theory anyways

Iain12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
domshen said:
I wonder if the disc or image header was changed and it was partitioned to look like a wii game if it could work. that would require a special formatting app on a pc but that is an interesting way to try and tackle it. that is in theory anyways

Then the Wii would try to load it as a Wii game, and it probably wouldn't load. It's like trying to play a NES rom in a N64 emulator.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
From what I've understood, the way to make a GC USB loader is to patch BC so it doesn't shut down the USB etc. when entering GC mode, then add echi module to the mIOS and rest should be easy.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but that theory is not practable. Just because it looks like a wii game does not mean it will play like a wii game. How the information is read off the discs are very different. If you looked at a decompiled copy of each disc, you would see the differences.
That being said, it is not impossible that a USB loader for GC games will be made. Many said that just loading Gamecube games would not be possible but it did happen. Your best bet is to wait for something from Waninokoko or Wiigator instead of coming up with theories for how it could work.
I know I am being harsh but I do get agravated when people come up with theories with no way of executing them themselves.

interdpth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did have a theory about just throwing a gc game data into a wii iso replacing the main dol but leaving the loader stuff, but Wiiscrubber kept crashing so I had to abort that plan.
sleep.gif

So I did try my theory

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte