Ewes ("easy" wad editing software) issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LeafAce, Sep 6, 2017.

1. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    When I try to extract everything from a WAD, it gives me an error saying that comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies is missing.
    My computer environment is Windows 10 Professional using Surface Pro 4. I think that is all that matters unless if the path in the environment variables should be changed. The path I have is: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

I looked in C:\Windows\System32 and SysWOW64 and 'comdlg32.dll' are in both of them, so I don't know the issue, but what I have been wondering is whether 'comdlg32.dll' is different or the same as 'comdlg32.ocx'?

So what should I do to get EWES working? The ReadMii that came with it didn't help.

2. portugeek

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    I had a similar problem while trying to run an unrelated software. I don't remember how I fixed it, but I do remember it being a pain. Comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.ocx are related files that perform unique operations.

.ocx files are associated with ActiveX controls, and the comdlg32 is associated with Microsoft Visual Basic.

Like I mentioned earlier, I did end up fixing my issue, although I don't remember exactly how I did it. But what I know for sure is that I didn't download a copy of the .dll file from some shady site promising to fix your problem by replacing your missing file. I feel like I updated ActiveX and MVB and then had to re-register the files.

... I just did some searching before submitting my reply to your post and found this link... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/36bb66d8-d7ba-475d-a2af-9aa4852e1c8e?auth=1

I believe this quote below was the specific reply that helped me...

LeafAce likes this.
  3. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    I suppose this is safe for my windows 10?