Gaming Everything We Know About Super Smash Bros. 4

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 38,901
  • Replies 416
  • Likes 8

Which year do you think the first version (3DS or Wii U) of SSB4 will come out?

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 43 37.7%

Votes: 47 41.2%

Votes: 14 12.3%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2018+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I was obviously trolling up there. When SSB 4 comes out i will test it before . But i was really dissapointed with brawl (I became a competitive melee player after brawl as released, in fact i also played brawl but the engine was too slow for my taste, so i decided to play melee), and if you check Sakurai's opinion regarding the competitive community, i am sure i will be dissapointed with smash 4 (Unless Sakurai understands that a party game can be competitive and that a competitive game can be fun for casuals (Prime example: Melee))
My apologies, I couldn't tell you were trolling.

At any rate, It was just a week ago that I finally picked up a Wii, and naturally, a copy of Brawl (though I've played a few times before with friends), so I've been playing Melee since 2004 until just last semester (let a friend borrow my copy of Melee, and still haven't met him to get it back). And I agree, Brawl is just too slow. I mean, I like just about every other aspect of the game (thus far) except for the wretched loading times. And I especially like how just about every character feels "playable" to me now. Characters like Samus and Link felt to unwieldy and slow for me to effectively use in Melee (being a speed and aerial player, I always used Yoshi in 64 and Melee), but in Brawl they felt like great characters. But perhaps that's just me. Only time will tell, in the end.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted User

OP
Brawl isn't slow! Melee is too fast! :P But seriously, I played Brawl first, and then Melee. The high-speeds made it difficult for me to play, plus the fact I'm used to Wii + Nunchuck made the controls even harder. I just hope SSB4 will be in-between.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Brawl isn't slow! Melee is too fast! :P But seriously, I played Brawl first, and then Melee. The high-speeds made it difficult for me to play, plus the fact I'm used to Wii + Nunchuck made the controls even harder. I just hope SSB4 will be in-between.
I think that's what it largely boils down to, honestly. People like me who played Melee first find Brawl too slow, and vice versa.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted User

OP
I updated it the first post with a minor update. Better than nothing I suppose.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im interested to see what nintendo does with its nintendo network. Smash Bros DLC could be neat, depending on what they do with it. Character Packs, New stages, Item Packs, the possibilities are neat to think about. And why stop there? Maybe follow in the call of duty franchises steps and offer double xp weekends, tournaments for special prizes and more. Im sure the connectivity for online will be much smoother (at least one can hope...). And my biggest hope is for all this to be on wii-u and 3ds. Support for both platforms would equal an influx in nintys profits.

I-Fatman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will buy both versions. I have been playing the whole Smash series since the first one was released. If I didn't buy them my collection would be useless.
I got all originals without any scratches. :D And I don't have high expectations for the 4:th, thats way I know I'll just be disappointed.
In my opinion Brawl is great if you like to follow the story and also letting your friend join and not wait for his/her turn to play.
Melee is better if you want to be a showoff if you are a badass pro.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I won't buy it. 3 versions is enough for me and I love modding Brawl, so yeah. XD
But... but... D-:
but but what? No, I won't buy it. Tbh, I'm just not interested in another iteration of it.

Well, they are taking the series into a new direction, so it may be a bit different than past games. Oh well, people have opinions. :P
Yeah, bt it's not that. Although It'll be interesting, to say the least.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's what it largely boils down to, honestly. People like me who played Melee first find Brawl too slow, and vice versa.

I remember competing in regional melee tournaments and then coming to brawl and thinking man is that slow...then I started playing as diddy and kicked more butt at the competitions

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting both, problem is, gotta get both systems first. I wonder if Sakurai will use the smashbros website for updates again? Geez, just the anticipation for updates every week or so made the game that much satisfying for some reason.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted User

OP
For any body who cares, I added a new poll. Hopefully this will help somewhat with the waiting... hopefully. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"