Gaming Everything We Know About Super Smash Bros. 4

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 39,070
  • Replies 416
  • Likes 8

Which year do you think the first version (3DS or Wii U) of SSB4 will come out?

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 43 37.7%

Votes: 47 41.2%

Votes: 14 12.3%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2018+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Everyone wants their favorite character in the new Smash Bros. game but are unaware of the things that have to happen to make it possible.

I know it takes weeks and sometimes months just to program and design one character, but we can dream, right?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This is really cool! The system they're discussing for the 3DS version sounds a lot like an RPG, kinda the way the GBC Mario Tennis game was. Except, this would hopefully be a billion times better!!!

Btw, what do you guys think of this as the name for the 3DS version: "Super Smash Bros. Go!"

D

Deleted User

OP
This is really cool! The system they're discussing for the 3DS version sounds a lot like an RPG, kinda the way the GBC Mario Tennis game was. Except, this would hopefully be a billion times better!!!

Btw, what do you guys think of this as the name for the 3DS version: "Super Smash Bros. Go!"

I don't think the RPG part will be a major part of the game, unlike Pokemon and so forth. I just think it's if you win, you get X points and if you lose you lose X points, etc.

And no offense, but I don't like that name. It sounds cheesy. Better than Super Smash Bros. Awesome, though. :P

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the RPG part will be a major part of the game, unlike Pokemon and so forth. I just think it's if you win, you get X points and if you lose you lose X points, etc.

And no offense, but I don't like that name. It sounds cheesy. Better than Super Smash Bros. Awesome, though. :P
Lol. yeah, I just thought it would be a cool name (referencing "on the go", since it's portable). At any rate, I just hope it's not called "Smash Bros. 3D". lol

D

Deleted User

OP
And another Nintendo Direct goes without Smash. Oh well. There was only a small chance anyway.

D

Deleted User

OP
Sakurai is in charge??? I will stick to Melee/Project:M

I thought Sakurai created both Melee and Brawl. Why would you think it'd be terrible? Besides, I bet they would've noticed by now the many people screaming "WE WANT MORE TECHNIQUES/MOVES/COMPETITIVENESS"

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And another Nintendo Direct goes without Smash. Oh well. There was only a small chance anyway.
Give them a chance to actually make something they can show!

We won't see anything of this game for a year.

Nintendo, if you add Hatsune Miku to Super Smash Bros. 4, I swear I'll buy every product you sell. * squeals fangirl?​boy squeals*
If they do I will never buy another Nintendo product.

The less shit in these games the better.

I hope there a least a CGI trailer in E3 about the game.
E3 2013 but not this E3, game has only just started when Kid Icarus was finished.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
He lost his right to do it make another $60 off me in particular (which he will likely not notice or care about) with Brawl.
^Fixed

Um, wow. So the team made a couple changes you didn't like in the third iteration of 1 game that was still overall pretty amazing (according to sales, critics, and most players alike), and you instantly preemptively hate every other future game that team's leader makes, despite his past successes that you admit to enjoying? Way to be open minded, buddy. Good job.

That said, I can't blame you for disliking Brawl compared to Melee. Though I like Brawl, I agree that its mechanics do feel a little slower and less refined than Melee, so I'm going to try Project M once I "beat" Brawl (unlock all characters and stages, and beat subspace emissary). But I'm not going to ditch the whole series just because of a couple drawbacks in one installment of an otherwise amazing game series.

And I'll stop there, cuz this is getting off topic.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 2 people

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
He lost his right to do it make another $60 off me in particular (which he will likely not notice or care about) with Brawl.
^Fixed

Um, wow. So the team made a couple changes you didn't like in the third iteration of 1 game that was still overall pretty amazing (according to sales, critics, and most players alike), and you instantly preemptively hate every other future game that team's leader makes, despite his past successes that you admit to enjoying? Way to be open minded, buddy. Good job.

That said, I can't blame you for disliking Brawl compared to Melee. Though I like Brawl, I agree that its mechanics do feel a little slower and less refined than Melee, so I'm going to try Project M once I "beat" Brawl (unlock all characters and stages, and beat subspace emissary). But I'm not going to ditch the whole series just because of a couple drawbacks in one installment of an otherwise amazing game series.

And I'll stop there, cuz this is getting off topic.

I was obviously trolling up there. When SSB 4 comes out i will test it before . But i was really dissapointed with brawl (I became a competitive melee player after brawl as released, in fact i also played brawl but the engine was too slow for my taste, so i decided to play melee), and if you check Sakurai's opinion regarding the competitive community, i am sure i will be dissapointed with smash 4 (Unless Sakurai understands that a party game can be competitive and that a competitive game can be fun for casuals (Prime example: Melee))

@[member='Gahars']

Compare this:

and this:

To this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMH5RWFmgLc[/media]

Taking the irony out of your post, you are completely right :)

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give them a chance to actually make something they can show!

We won't see anything of this game for a year.

Nintendo, if you add Hatsune Miku to Super Smash Bros. 4, I swear I'll buy every product you sell. * squeals fangirl?​boy squeals*
If they do I will never buy another Nintendo product.

The less shit in these games the better.

If Hatsune Miku is in the game, I demand Hologram Tupac be in as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse