Misc Every day online play :)

Evil pol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I made this thread for everyone, who wants to play DS games over wi-fi. It's not easy to find players in specific game at the right time. Auge's "gaming weekends" ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-wii-gaming-weekends.395456/ ) are great, but rarely. Sometimes players have to wait for two or three weeks to play, and sometimes they just can't play at the selected time for some reasons.

My idea is simple - everyone can write here to inform other players when he will wait for online play, and in which game. For example - "I want to play Mario Kart DS today at 20:00 GMT. I'll wait and search for opponents worldwide."

I play with my friend really often, but we've never seen anybody online (except one or two players in MKDS). It could be fun to find the others, who still loves DS games and wants to play with us. :)

First of all. What do you need to play over wi-fi:

- DS (Lite/i) Console with flashcart,
- ROM with game,
- WFC Patcher -> https://github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/WfcPatcher/releases/download/v1.6/WfcPatcher1.6.zip
- Open or WEP protected (WPA/WPA2 will not work) wi-fi connection.
- GMT (standard time) clock - http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/world-clock/

You have to do few easy steps:
1. Unzip the WFC Patcher, drag and drop ROM onto WfcPatcher.exe. Now use ROM file that has (NoSSL) or (AltWfc) at the end of its filename.
(Next steps have to be done only once, they will take effect in every game)
2. Start the game (altwfc patched), go to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup.
3. Choose "Options" and next "Erase Nintendo WFC Configuration". This will allow you to make a new Friend Code on the new server for all games.
4. Set up a new wireless access point connection.
5. Set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No" and insert 104.131.93.87 into both Primary DNS and Secondary DNS. Leave "Auto-obtain IP" on "Yes".
6. Save your settings and exit the menu.

Full instruction, troubleshooting and other stuff here: https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki

Here You can see if someone is online:

104.131.93.87:9001

If you prefer direct, "real time" contact, send me a message in Skype. My login: evil.pol

Or use official AltWFC channel on Rizon Chat Network - https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=altwfc

I can't wait to kick your pupka (great polish word! :P) in MKDS or any other game!

...oh, and sorry for my english. :D

Last edited by Evil pol,

Evil pol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh well. So nobody is still playing DS games over wi-fi. :( If someone wants to play, just pm me or write here. I can play online almost every night. Even now. :P

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking people might not care to play ds games online that much these days because of having to change internet security settings from wpa/2 to wep. That and in the case of mario kart ds, if you don't know how to snake in that game you get wrecked.

Evil pol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yep, security setting is the main problem i think. I'm changing it just for the time i'm playing. After then i'm switching it back to normal.

I'm not very good MKDS player, my friend Mon too, but we still have lot of fun. Even without "snaking". :P

Reactions: cvskid

protomouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Evil pol I'd love to join you guys. I'm usually online 20-23 o'clock CEST. Just @-mention or PM me.

As for the security thing, any wireless router worth its salt should be able to host a guest network. That way, you can use WEP (or no security at all) without compromising your home network. I have a pretty nice setup in Tomato.

auge

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree to your suggestion. This sounds awesome! :D I really don't have time so I only play on weekends. I hope I can play in this gaming session :) . Oh By the way, vote for online gaming weekend ;)

Evil pol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guys, what do you think about using some international messenger like ICQ, AIM, Yahoo messenger? We could add each other to contact list and see who is online at the moment. We could also choose the games in real time. I think it may be much easier than hunting for players or waiting with hope that anyone will join our game. :)

Evil pol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok, so here's my login in Skype: evil.pol just add me to your contact list and send me a message. :)

auge

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so here's my login in Skype: evil.pol just add me to your contact list and send me a message. :)
I have invited you in skype, but I'm not sure it was you. I wasn't approved. You can find skype's conversation address in gaming weekend first post.

Evil pol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Probably it wasn't me, because i can't see any invitation. I've joined that conversation, but skype shows me no participants and i'm not able to write anything there. :P

And that's why i suggest some simple messengers instead of skype. :P

ed. i don't know what's going on, but everything works on my Win PC. Yesterday i've tried Skype for Android and something went wrong with that group conversation.

Last edited by Evil pol,

Evil pol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Link to the official AltWFC channel on Rizon Chat Network added to first post. :) I'm waiting for some online play today at ~19:00 GMT.

Evil pol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guys if you want to play some DS games online, we (me and my friend) will wait today from ~18:00 GMT to ~22:00 GMT. Just go to this chat and say a word https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=altwfc
https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=altwfc
We may play lot of games, Worms Open Warfare 2, Bomberman Land Touch 2, Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, Puzzle Bobble Galaxy, Club House Games, Cookie and Cream (what a funny party game! :P), MySims Racing, New International Track and Field, Picross DS, Planet Puzzle League, Trackmania Turbo, MKDS. So everyone is welcome! :)

k@sim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yuss i would love to do this whenever i get this on my dsi, ill have it on my dsi by tommorow. do you have an fb account?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.