Eurogamer claims Pokémon Stars is coming to the Switch

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A spinoff would be pokemon stadium, pokemon snap, Pokken. Pokemon colesseum and pokemon XD aren't spinoffs. They're adventure games just like their handheld counterparts so saying that it's going to be the very first pokemon console game is just bad journalism

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A spinoff would be pokemon stadium, pokemon snap, Pokken. Pokemon colesseum and pokemon XD aren't spinoffs. They're adventure games just like their handheld counterparts so saying that it's going to be the very first pokemon console game is just bad journalism
They are adventure games, but they are still spinoffs. You can choose to ignore that, but most people still see those games as spinoffs. They don't directly connect to the main games and not even developed by Game Freak.

Last edited by KingVamp,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They are adventure games, but they are still spinoffs. You can choose to ignore that, but most people still see those games as spinoffs. They don't directly connect to the main games and not even developed by Game Freak.
I don't see it that way and the guy in the article still said " the first ever adventure type game on a console" wich is still wrong. Being a spinoff or not pokemon xd gale and colesseum were still the first ever pokemon adventure games on a console. Also in that logic that it wasn't made by gamefreak also implies by that logic that any harvest moon game made after the 64 era isn't harvest moon since it isn't created by the same company as before.

Last edited by kumikochan,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see it that way and the guy in the article still said " the first ever adventure type game on a console" wich is still wrong. Being a spinoff or not pokemon xd gale and colesseum were still the first ever pokemon adventure games on a console.
"I don't see it that way". Sadly you are in the minority and sadly that isn't the case. I don't even see him saying that way, but even if he did, it is obvious that he was still talking about the main series. Not to say the games are bad, but they are still spinoffs that he and most people aren't talking about. They are talking about the main series, finally being develop for the home console.

Also in that logic that it wasn't made by gamefreak also implies by that logic that any harvest moon game made after the 64 era isn't harvest moon since it isn't created by the same company as before.
It would be news that the main series is being develop by a new company, but as of right now, that isn't the case. As of right now, it has two big things going against it being part of the main series.

Last edited by KingVamp,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
"I don't see it that way". Sadly you are in the minority and sadly that isn't the case. I don't even see him saying that way, but even if he did, it is obvious that he was still talking about the main series. Not to say the games are bad, but they are still spinoffs that he and most people aren't talking about. They are talking about the main series, finally being develop for the home console.

It would be news that the main series is being develop by a new company, but as of right now, that isn't the case. As of right now, it has two big things going against it being part of the main series.
Lol the series hasn't been developed by the main developers since harvest moon 64. The main developers were angry how the new devs were using their brand and fucking it up so they started story of seasons wich is developed by the Original harvest moon creators.
I'll copy the quoute from the article so that there's no point in having an argument that he didn't.
"Indeed, Switch will be the first Nintendo "home" console to receive a main Pokémon adventure. It only took 20 years."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: I meant stardew valley lol

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol the series hasn't been developed by the main developers since harvest moon 64. The main developers were angry how the new devs were using their brand and fucking it up so they started story of seasons wich is developed by the Original harvest moon creators.
EDIT: I meant stardew valley lol
I know, I was referring to Game Freak. If they suddenly stop developing for the main series, which isn't going to be the case anytime soon, that would be news. Right now, the main games are exclusively made by Game Freak. Right now, the XD like games don't even directly connect with the main series.

I'll copy the quoute from the article so that there's no point in having an argument that he didn't.
"Indeed, Switch will be the first Nintendo "home" console to receive a main Pokémon adventure. It only took 20 years."
Can we stop this now? He obviously isn't talking about spinoffs, which includes XD and Colosseum.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know, I was referring to Game Freak. If they suddenly stop developing for the main series, which isn't going to be the case anytime soon, that would be news. Right now, the main games are exclusively made by Game Freak. Right now, the XD like games don't even directly connect with the main series.

Can we stop this now? He obviously isn't talking about spinoffs, which includes XD and Colosseum.
yeah i don't care anymore lol :D It's all good :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?