Hacking Eshop Generators? Care to explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintendows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, folks.
So recently, a friend of mine handed me a paper with a code on it. He told me it was a Eshop code. I asked him how he got the code and he showed me a tool he had on his laptop. Thinking this was a joke, I told him that I knew it was fake. Than he showed his library on his Nintendo Switch, and it had every single game on it. I went home with the code and looked up more information on Code Generators. I found a discussion, without any information on how these things are made or if they still exist.

Can someone explain this to me?

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Not possible to make a generator atleast with the correct algorithm... You could make a brute forcer that generates random but they wouldn't work

Algorithm used to generate these codes are very very complex

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Hey, folks.
So recently, a friend of mine handed me a paper with a code on it. He told me it was a Eshop code. I asked him how he got the code and he showed me a tool he had on his laptop. Thinking this was a joke, I told him that I knew it was fake. Than he showed his library on his Nintendo Switch, and it had every single game on it. I went home with the code and looked up more information on Code Generators. I found a discussion, without any information on how these things are made or if they still exist.

Can someone explain this to me?
I literally cannot tell if you are actually curious or just trolling.

The short answer is: they don't exist

The long answer is: If he did give you a code, and it works, then chances are he actually bought it. If it works and he didn't buy it, then there is some explaining to do.
I don't know how these things work, but based off of all the youtube videos that are going around in the last few years, it is most likely fake. They are all viruses.

Sorry, I can't answer this 100% honestly without knowing whether or not the code worked. And even then chances are he is just loaded. If you haven't used it yet feel free to share it with me ;).

Wintendows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, you see, that's the problem. I refuse to use the code, as i'm afraid Nintendo will shut my account down if they figure out what I did.
Is there a safe way to find out if this worked?

Last edited by Wintendows,
D

Deleted User

Well, you see, that's the problem. I refuse to use the code, as i'm afraid Nintendo will shut my account down if they figure out what I did.
There is no way for them to know unless:
Somebody buys the card and it doesn't work. This would lead to them taking it to Nintendo and they could refute it because there is literally no way to determine if they gave away the code before reporting.
There is also another problem: prepaid codes have to be registered once they're purchased. So, the code generator would have to fetch the code from a database I assume is very locked down.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or give the code to me and I'll try it. I don't care about my console being banned as I don't use the internet very frequently, and AFAIK, Big N can't block me from playing games offline

EDIT: I guess what I'm saying is that I want free money if you won't take it (although I know that it is fake)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can create another account to be sure, but to be honest there is no way Nintendo could ban your account if you manage to get a code generator working, at least not now.
I can be the guinea pig if you want me to.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem#/

Login, enter the code and it tells you whether it's valid. If it is, you can still cancel before redeeming. (At least, according to Reddit. I haven't tested it myself, so I am not sure.)

D

Deleted User

You can create another account to be sure, but to be honest there is no way Nintendo could ban your account if you manage to get a code generator working, at least not now.
I can be the guinea pig if you want me to.
hey back off bud. i already offered for him to give me the free money, you can't get in on this gooda cheese too...

Also, I think 51 is the most amount of people I have ever seen viewing a switch thread

Wintendows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is no way for them to know unless:
Somebody buys the card and it doesn't work. This would lead to them taking it to Nintendo and they could refute it because there is literally no way to determine if they gave away the code before reporting.
There is also another problem: prepaid codes have to be registered once they're purchased. So, the code generator would have to fetch the code from a database I assume is very locked down.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or give the code to me and I'll try it. I don't care about my console being banned as I don't use the internet very frequently, and AFAIK, Big N can't block me from playing games offline

EDIT: I guess what I'm saying is that I want free money if you won't take it (although I know that it is fake)

Haha, thanks for being so honest, buddy. But, I'll try it on a different account and than I'll let you guys know. One issue, my friend probably now has a virus, right? It was a pretty shady looking .exe file.

D

Deleted User

Haha, thanks for being so honest, buddy. But, I'll try it on a different account and than I'll let you guys know. One issue, my friend probably now has a virus, right? It was a pretty shady looking .exe file.
haha. if he has a virus its his fault.

I can set it up in a VM and look around to see what happens. Tell him to email it to me if he has any legitimate questions (no, this is me trying to be helpful)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If it works, you better hunt him down and copy that EXE :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.