Gaming eShop game Ratings ?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well when you play a Nintendo game for at least an hour you can rate it and so I did with some games.
Now I went trough all the games listed there and noticed except steel diver which has 3 1/2 stars every game has at least 4 out of 5 so i wonder if this is made up by nintendo or are people really that nice rating the games ?
Normaly most people only tend to vote of something is really really great or shit ... and yeah i as example voted 1 star for Sports Island (really don't like it) and i noticed it has mostly 5 star ratings oO, so either I am more or less alone with my opinion about the game (which would be weird cuz the essential thread doesn't seem to have that game listed as something good XD) or ninty is more or less "cheating" with the list.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Most people are kids who like any game you throw at 'em, so end up rating it 4 to 5. I only ever rated OoT (4 Stars), SSFIV (3 Stars), Pokedex 3D (4 Stars), Excitebike (3 Stars). I know SSFIV is amazing but I just didn't get that feeling I used to get in the old days...

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, if people aren't enjoying the game, would they really play for an hour and then take the time to go and review it? I know this is the internet, where legions of blank faced trolls will sit through the entire Twilight saga solely to write 'that was gay' on IMDB, but seriously- playing 'Imagine Donkey Groomer 3d' seems a bit much

Also, this early on in the console's life, most people are only buying games that they know they will enjoy- hence mostly good ratings- the few people who just buy every game out there aren't counted, because as Wintrale stated they filter out the lowest and highest to get an average.

Give it a year or so, when people are buying '3ds with 10 games' bundles off of EBay, and things MAY change. However, would you really force yourself to play some ratty shovelware for a whole hour just so you could give it a bad rating?!

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i find the rating system usesless cause i too saw alot of 4 stars that gets like poor reviews on the internet. then the really awful games gets like a 3 and a half stars O_O. most of these star ratings makes every game seem so good even though they are considered bad by real gaming revewers. when i clicked on the games, a lot of them don't have much reviews...so maybe the developers and their friends/family members can easily put in biased ratings since those people may have a copy of the game too? doesn't matter i dont trust them.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weaselpipe said:
However, would you really force yourself to play some ratty shovelware for a whole hour just so you could give it a bad rating?!

you know when i was a blind nintendo fanboy back in my younger days, i would try to rate every ds game on gamerankings a 10. Just saying that there are people out there who just give any game they see, regardless of quality, a good review so that it makes the system they like look even better to others!

...wow i wasted alot of my time back tihen =/

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of it to is simply how little variety there is currently in 3ds exclusive content... If you don't have a lot to choose from, even crap can look pretty good.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Weaselpipe said:
Firstly, if people aren't enjoying the game, would they really play for an hour and then take the time to go and review it?

umm well there might be people like me who at least TRY a game as long as possible without getting to annoyed cuz it costs money oO

and especially due to the lack of games there might be more than enough people buying "everything" (well much) only to get something different.
as example sports island, i bought it because it haught it might be fun seeing how Wii sports was not bad as well and it has less games without 3d effect. I tried every sport they have and tournament and mastership mode ... that took me more than an hour so no problem at all to rate it, and i still think i might try it some more times and hope i get used to it and maybe have fun with it after paying money for that game.

P.S. how do you think they "filter" good and bad reviews out oO? in the shop you can see (if they do not change it) every sinlge vote for each game there are even 2 or 3 1 star ratings for zelda XD

QUOTE(koji2009 @ Jul 11 2011, 12:36 PM) Part of it to is simply how little variety there is currently in 3ds exclusive content... If you don't have a lot to choose from, even crap can look pretty good.

well ok that might actually be true

-------

P.S. anyone else think its "stupid" that only nintendo titles are ratable ? they should do that for every game out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans