Gaming eshop asks for age verification every time I start it...

Neopath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...and it's driving me slightly mad. I'm confused. I Googled a bit, nobody's complaining about this. Is this "normal"? Please tell me it's not a feature.

I thought about deleting the eshop account to start anew but that warning about not being able to redownload previously purchased software is a bit scary.

What happens when I delete the eshop account? It asks for the console serial number so I guess the account is linked to the console? The warning information isn't very clear. Should I understand that I won't even be able to redownload free stuff like Excitebike and Pokedex 3D? Ever?

Any insight -or link- on this would be greatly appreciated.

ShadowSonic2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
I assume the purchases you make are tied to your account and not your device, if you made any purchases and deleted your account, they'd be lost. So if you bought, for example, Link's Awakening for $5.99 on your first account then deleted the account and made a new account, you wouldn't be able to have your Link's Awakening purchase under that new account and wouldn't be able to re-download it. In the case or Excitebike 3D and Pokedex 3D, they're still free so I guess if you make a new account you will be able to re-download them as it's just like making a 'purchase of $0.00' so it's added to your account.

I don't think the eShop asks for verification so no 'underaged' users can make certain purchases (underage meaning age defined by the service).

Neopath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, to answer some of my questions I actually deleted my eshop account and formatted the system memory. I created a new eshop account and was able to download the free games again. Joy. I reconfigured everything and everything is working fine.So there's that. Same problem though. Also, the initial 3DS setup only need the "day/month" part of your birthday, So I guess eShop can't can't rely on this info.

Then I found out that if I change my location from Quebec,Canada to New York,USA... eShop stops asking for age verification. How does that even make sense?

tomatoshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
fapforfun.comoj.com
XP
Country
Canada
Neopath said:
Well, to answer some of my questions I actually deleted my eshop account and formatted the system memory. I created a new eshop account and was able to download the free games again. Joy. I reconfigured everything and everything is working fine.So there's that. Same problem though. Also, the initial 3DS setup only need the "day/month" part of your birthday, So I guess eShop can't can't rely on this info.

Then I found out that if I change my location from Quebec,Canada to New York,USA... eShop stops asking for age verification. How does that even make sense?

I have the exact same problem... And I'm from Quebec too :\ Guess I'll just have to change that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs