Hacking error 80010017 multiman

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi need some help. just installed rebug 4.81 on ps3 slim.

now when im running call of duty modern warfare 3 from usb using multiman (or installing in ps3 hdd) it returns to the xmb

when i start the game the error shows up 80010017

anyone can help with this. cant seem to find any solid solution on the internet

thanks in advance

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
enter Safe Mode and select [Restore File System]

How do I access Safe Mode?
  • Check that the power indicator on the PlayStation 3 system is solid red.
  • Press and hold the PlayStation 3 system’s power button for ten seconds. The PlayStation 3 system will shut down.
  • Release the power button.
  • Press and hold the power button for seven seconds. Two short beeps will be emitted and a message will be displayed on-screen.
  • Press the PS button on the wireless controller to start the PlayStation 3 system in Safe Mode.

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just did it. it said corrupted and restored filesystem. still showing the cod mw splash screen but when clicked show same 80010017 error

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Do you have cobra enabled?
I heard that you need it to run PS3 games with multiman (though I haven't tried it yet)

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
  1. Go to Package Manager > Install Package Files > PS3 System Storage and install Rebug Toolbox
  2. Launch it under the Game column
  3. Go to Utilities and change Toggle QA Flag to Enabled. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading
  4. Go to Selector and change System Mode to Rebug, this will activate the built-in spoofer (if needed) to prevent accidental updates to OFW >3.55 and allow PSN access (with ban risk)
  5. (Optional) Change XMB Operation Mode to Retail and Debug Menu Type to CEX QA to ensure you have the Retail menus instead of the Debug menus which you probably won't need

Now try

If you are still having the same issue reinstall REBUG.

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i did just as written and enabled cobra mode. still same error. ill try another game and report back

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

an way to reinstall rebug without redoing the whole process (updating to 4.82 then using web exploit etc.)???

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok its working now. i found a solution hopefully this gets sticked or someone finds the answer on the internet

if you are getting 80010017 error. go into multiman and update the game it will download one or multiple package file of the game update (kinda like xbox title updates).

then just install those package using pkg manager and your game will work without problems

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans