Hardware Error 162-0002 Possible Solutions

R_Neto86

Newcomer
Trophies
São Gonçalo do Amarante, Rio Grande do Norte
XP
Country
Brazil
But anyway I a poster of a user forum here had the same problem and it was solved with a system update disc by the game The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD, but did not report what version of software it so I would know which game disc I can update my Wii U to U version 4.0.0.2 may be that my problem is resolved.

slingblade1170

OP
Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Why would you install those? Were you using PimpMyWii?

With all due respect Joostin but pimpmywii is a program I have a lot of respect for and it wouldn't let him install any other IOS than 236/250/251, it doesn't even allow manual install on vWii mode and I don't think the older versions of pimp my wii work on Wii U. Unless, he used pimp my wii WAD manager to install those IOSs from WAD files. If he did find each individual IOS then he could have done that with any WAD manager.

These: IOS 56
IOS 57
IOS 58

What the hell? Did you do any research on these before installing? Anyways, I don't think any of the Wii U system updates affects vWii in any way so I doubt that would work. Hopefully I'm wrong and it does work for you.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
With all due respect Joostin but pimpmywii is a program I have a lot of respect for
You are one of the very few. An app doesn't earn the name BrickMyWii if it's trustworthy. And yes, I've used it.

and it wouldn't let him install any other IOS than 236/250/251, it doesn't even allow manual install on vWii mode and I don't think the older versions of pimp my wii work on Wii U. Unless, he used pimp my wii WAD manager to install those IOSs from WAD files. If he did find each individual IOS then he could have done that with any WAD manager.
Are you sure about that? People have been saying they are getting the error when they patch vIOS36 with Pimp My Wii.

slingblade1170

OP
Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure about that? People have been saying they are getting the error when they patch vIOS36 with Pimp My Wii.

I didn't use pimp my wii on my wii u and still got the error until i fixed it by reinstalling an original IOS36 and deleting IOS236 (which I installed using an IOS236 installer). Pimp my Wii is a great program if you know what your doing, i use to run a softmodding/repair shop from my house even before HBC. I started using pimp my wii 2.11 when I discovered it and it made my job much easier and I no longer had to worry about outdated IOSs and people coming back to resoftmod their Wii. It is also the fastest way of softmodding a Wii/Wii U, people have their opinions and I'm sure some has come across some issues with Pimp My Wii but I got 75+ Wiis and 100% success rate to say its a good program.

Anyways, Pimp My Wii on Wii U removes "manual install" which lets you pick with IOS you want to install, it only has the "perform test" which will see what IOSs are installed and determine what you need to run unsigned code but doesn't install anything. The worst R_Neto could have done was choose "hack my wii/minimum install" and it will install IOS236/IOS249/IOS250/IOS251 only and give no other options. To install IOS56, IOS57 & IOS58 he must have installed them using a WAD manager, and I'm not sure why he did that.

As far as the error code 162-0002 and IOS36 it happens no matter what program or cIOS is used, it will still happen to most. I really hope in the future you get the info needed to help resolve this issue, i've been rattling my brain as well to figure this out, especially since i'm a victim of multiple error code issues.

R_Neto86

Newcomer
Trophies
São Gonçalo do Amarante, Rio Grande do Norte
XP
Country
Brazil
Friends I do not know why pimp my Wii knew would not serve more than follow the status and was advised to be installed by WAD manager, and I did that and now my wii only gets in the way black screen can not update my Wii U I can not use the e-shop, I can not use the Miiverse, I can not add friends I am very sorry and would like to know if you like me to update my console and what would be the game disc from the Wii U?
Can it work, because I saw a user with the same problem vWii bricked and put the HD Zelda WW and atualizaou the console by disk.

slingblade1170

OP
Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Pimp my Wii did not advise you to install anything manually you must have used a tutorial from someone and it sounds like it was meant for Wii not Wii U. Well, obviously installing those IOSs on your Wii U bricked it. I'm assuming you didn't dump your nand and I'm not sure if a Wii U system update from a disc would work, because I don't think vWii is effected by Wii U system updates. The only thing you can do is try to update from disc or make up an excuse and call Nintendo for a repair and hope they don't catch it when repairing.

slingblade1170

OP
Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
@slingblade I thought you said you haven't used it on a vWii

I haven't installed anything on my Wii U using pimp my wii but I have ran it from the HBC to see what IOSs and tests it performs. I used it to check if any IOSs are patched that I didn't know about. I used it just recently to install a WAD file because pimp my wii doesn't require cIOS to install WAD files.

I softmodded my Wii U back in March, pimp my wii didn't support Wii U until late spring. I used an IOS236 and d2x installer to softmod my Wii U, but now its back to normal with no IOS patches just the HBC is all thats installed.

Also, joosinonline check the conversation I found out the issue to my updating problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."