Hacking ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.3 step by step non screw up

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am at 3.55kmeaw, have looked at all new cfw's all because of little big planet karting (cant get eboot fix to work on 3.55) and sports champions looks great

im thinking about choosing ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.3
could some one give me a breif tutorial on how to go from kmeaw 3.55 to this thanks

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Note: I always install my CFWs directly from the XMB without going back to OFW and done so about 15 times. I have never heard anybody brick from doing so but you do what you want I am not responsible from anything.

We do know is safer to turn the QA flag on first in case you would want to downgrade down the road.
To do so:
1. Install REBUG 3.55.3
2. Install rebug toolbox. Its theres under package manager--install package files--ps3 hard disk
3. Run rebug toolbox.
4. toggle QA flag to on. First item on the last column.

Then from there you can install the safe CFW of your choice without worrying. Make sure you check md5 signature on your usb device.

steveo581

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
md5 signature on your usb device?

safe to go from true blue 3.55 to rebug 3.55? even safer to go tb 3.55 to ofw 3.55 to rebug 3.55?

thanks

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

steveo581

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, I think I'm on 4.xx tb or something like that, whatever the latest is for tb. is it still ok to go from tb to rebug 3.55? Is this done by removing tb dongle, going through recovery menu and selecting to install firmware with the rebug cfw on the usb? and then do the other steps leading to the toggle and then again go through recovery and select to install the ermaC cfw with it on the usb?

is the md5 signature check for both cfws or just rebug? how do i check and what am I checking for?

thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night