Emulate a Wii NAND to keep your Wii clean

Discussion in 'Wii - Tutorials & FAQs' started by hunter291, May 7, 2011.

May 7, 2011

hunter291 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    i love how my tutorial brings rage in the temp xD now filetrip will be deleted because of the gpl violation. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    For some GPL code it has often become a standard to mirror files as above without source code because the source is "available" and iirc a URL is included in the read me.

Sorg didn't give anyone the chance to look at the code changes.

Don't get me wrong I think Sorg is a great guy who meant well and he promised to release source once "Deluxe" was finished. He never got time to learn the right way to do things and so decided to not post about it online anymore. Everyone lost out in the end.

We need to remember the "spirit of the GPL" sometimes imho and when it comes to people like Sorg the demands are the wrong way to go about it, maybe helping them is win-win solution ?

We've seen a few people on these boards over the years who are similar to Sorg and if you speak to the few that stuck it out they will all tell you the same, they needed a little help and some time.

So linking to Sorgs files is not allowed here, it could have been ..... with even more features .... and source, but those that could have helped him by allowing a little time or even by teaching him the protocols for posting the files would rather have had this outcome.
    It is what it is, I REALLY don't think it's gonna change now so we need to get over it and find the files another way.

Deluxe is awesome though [IMG]

tueidj I R Expert

Message Count:
    Pacific Ocean
    Have you looked through them all to make sure there are no included links to locations where source can be found? That will probably be the case for all of Tantric's releases at least, because they have links to their google code projects in the readme files.

If you're really that concerned about it take it up with a moderator, I don't see what good arguing with me does.

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Message Count:
    Argentina
    I just looked at them. All three emulators have a readme file with a link to the google code repositories. So never mind.

But no Readme/Link to source for Multi-Mod-Manager and NUS Downloader.

Besides, the GPL states, that it's legal to host a file if the creator gives out the source at request, right? So how about posting direct links to sorgs files and saying, that if people want the source, they have to ask sorg. If sorg is not willing to release source or doesnt read his PMs, then it's entirely his fault, isnt it?

hunter291 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    so what does that mean ? i put together the things from my hdd and dont have the original source anymore. i needed many hours to write and make the tutorial better. is this tutorial invalid for the competition ?

Message Count:
    Argentina
    It's not if you follow my advice (blog post).

hunter291 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    but I dont have a blog :S anyone has a blog and wants to help me ? :S

Message Count:
    Argentina
    As I said, make one. You can use for example this host: http://www.webs.com/
    Or a blogspot.com blog.

hunter291 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    did it. complicated shit. thanks for your help wiibricker [IMG]

tueidj I R Expert

Message Count:
    Pacific Ocean
    The distributor (not the creator) is the one who is responsible for providing the source code. They are responsible for making sure the source is obtainable and if it is not they do not have permission to distribute it.

Message Count:
    Argentina
    I see, now I got it. Thanks for the clarification.
    • Newcomer

dragonfiend New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    Hiya first time poster registered for this and a few other things.

Basically I tried to set up nandemu and of course failed. The funny thing is that i had a compatible virgin nand a working hdd ( it boots in sneak "somewhat" ) and the same is for the sd card.
    What i dont understand is why this is considering that the wii in question was bought around 2007-2008.
    my setup so far is:
    System menu 4.1e
    darkcorp 1.1 full
    cios 249 rev 17
    hermes cios 222,223 at atleast v5 ( i can load uloader 5.1 and thats one of the requirments )
    bootmii boot2, ios, hackmii 1.07 install
    HBC 1.08
    priiloader (cant remember the exact version )
    Channels
    UsbLoaderGX channel
    Wad manager 1.5
    Edit: working now had a corrupted ios253 install (it was showing in mmm but i was getting ahbroot error )
    for anyone wit my prob just install patched 36/236 and reinstall 253
    ps load using app/channel wit bootmii on usb not sd works for me.
    • Newcomer

NateBentley New Member

Message Count:
    I admit that my knowledge is extremely limited. I got stuck on the 1st step. I updated the database of NUSD, restarted it, ticked the appropriate boxes, then tried to Emulate Wii System Update, but then I get an, "Unhandled exception", "Data at the root level is invalid Line 1 position 1" error. Details are here. I appreciate any feedback. I also tried using the NUSD v. 1.9 and experienced the same results.
    • Newcomer

Seelbreaker New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Hey there, i used your Tutorial for setting up my emulated NAND, but instead of creating a virgin NAND i had to take my Bootmii Backup since NUSDownloader throwed an exception....

But my real problem is the following:
    Normally i used cfg Usbloader for my Backups. In Fact of this Tutorial i completely rearranged my HDD and put my Wii-Backups into an NTFS-Partition into the WBFS Folder. The cfg USB Loader is seeing the Games, but when i want to start the Games, it just tells me to install some cIOS...

Then i read something about the Uniiloader in your Tutorial. But where can i find it? It isn't included in your Folder...

SPONSORED LINKS