Homebrew Editing (well, deleting) Mii data

Neversoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a homebrew app or simple hack that can be done that will allow me to go through my Mii's and delete any unwanted ones? As a result of letting kids "loose" on the Wii I have millions, nay, squillions of damned Mii's on it and not only am I sure they're taking up some valuable space on the NAND but I've got to the point that I can barely find my own Mii among them.

No doubt I could format the Wii or something drastic like that but I wont be doing that
smile.gif
As there an app that will list the Mii's and let me remove them or should I just bite the bullet and delete the lot one-at-a-time via the Mii channel until I'm either bored senseless, the Wii remote battery runs out or I actually get rid of the b*stards!!?

Thanks!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, if you had a homebrew app to do it, you'd still need to remove them one-by-one, unless you just wanted to get rid of them all. which it doesn't sound like you do. Dunno if Mii Extracter/Installer can help you at all, even if you want to extract the Miis you want to keep, then somehow delete them all (if thats possible short of formating) then install the ones you extracted back on. And btw, you can only have 100 afaik, not squillions. And I'm sure they're not taking up space on NAND, there is probably a space set aside for them.

Neversoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I was considering the Mii Extractor but I can't think of a way of flushing the Mii's from the Wii once I've extracted them.

I realise I'd probably still have to remove them individually but it's a lot quicker to scroll down a list and press the minus button (for example) to blitz the Mii's rather than individually removing them from the Mii channel (which is painfully slow).

Thanks for the heads-up on the number of Mii's you can have and my lack of numeracy skills, I've made that same dumb mistake gazillions of times.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Neversoft said:
Thanks for the heads-up on the number of Mii's you can have and my lack of numeracy skills, I've made that same dumb mistake gazillions of times.
LOL. But anyway, I don't know of any way other than formatting to get rid of all Miis, but that'd get rid of saves and channels as well, so i'd advise against it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.