Hacking Easy wii to wiiu transfer question...

Elunas818

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got the wii u for my kid and want to transfer wii ware and vc dlc, save files and whatever else I may need but it's hacked. I had it hacked by a relative so I'm worried that a transfer may brick the wii u. Can I even brick the wii u? Or will it just pass the non hack things??? Plus he put like 2 Virtual console games that are pirated cause I didn't pay for them. I could care less if they transfer but if my kid can still enjoy them, whatever's. But would they pass through too or become unplayable?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Pirated stuff won't transfer over. The Transfer app examines Wii Shop information of your console with records on Nintendo's servers to transfer only that stuff purchased legitimately. My Wii was softmodded, and while the Transfer app kept giving me an error, I was able to get by it by doing a system format, and trying the app again. I had to re-mod my system after that. The format sequence will not affect your legitimate purchases because, as was mentioned, they are recorded on their servers.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only things transferred and deleted from the original console are what DiscostewSM said, legitimate channels and games you have purchased, along with almost all save data. If you have the HBC, it won't be deleted, or moved. And I don't think it deletes or moves games you installed illegitimately.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I have a question also, and shall now piggyback this thread.

Can you transfer a second wii's data and merge them on the wii u or will that wipe the data from the first one you transferred over?
Am I right in thinking the Wii data is saved fully on the SD card so if I had two SD cards I could just switch them as I please?
Thanks for answers bros.

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a question also, and shall now piggyback this thread.

Can you transfer a second wii's data and merge them on the wii u or will that wipe the data from the first one you transferred over?
Am I right in thinking the Wii data is saved fully on the SD card so if I had two SD cards I could just switch them as I please?
Thanks for answers bros.

While the software will not overwrite what is already on the target Wii U system, the new save data will overwrite what is on the Wii U.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_transfer_faq.jsp

Can't remember where I read a more in depth version of it... but it mentioned that it merges everything together but that the latest save / online data (as with SSBB, MKWii) would be used.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM