Hacking Easy Adrenaline Installer FORMATS Memory card? - lost ALL data...

Dochartaigh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night I bought a used PS3 for cheap to activate my Vita so I could install Adrenaline. I successfully copied over the LocoRoco PSP game to my Vita which I believe activated it.

I then installed the .VPK for PSP Bubble Installer for Adrenaline so I could delete the 200mb LocoRoco PSP game (and use that PSP bubble for the Adrenaline installation). All seems to be going well.

I downloaded EasyAdrenalineInstaller, put the 661.pbp into the correct ux0:/pspemu/adrenaline folder, and launched EasyAdrenalineInstaller (which I choose the PSP bubble for installation). Upon a reboot I get this message:

The location to save data for this system will be changed from the internal memory and to the removable memory card.
• You cannot use the internal memory card while the removable memory card is inserted.

Since I've seen that message before, I clicked OK......and now EVERYTHING is gone from my completely filled 64gb card... All my MaiDumps, Vitamin dumps, RetroArch which took me literally 40 hours of work to scan all my ROMs....and even things like my save games for Final Fantasy X which I'm 80 F-ING HOURS INTO!!!!

Henkaku is still installed (I can type "go" into the browser and it'll re-load). molecularShell is there (missing vitaShell). My two physical games I own - their bubbles are still there but NOT their save games. Even the two folders I dragged all the stock icons into are still organized how I left them...What happened?

Needless to say any help is GREATLY appreciated...

Last edited by Dochartaigh,

Little Zed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I guess I'm gonna have to stick with LocoRoco after all.. I feel your pain brother

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Dochartaigh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that would be my vita nightmare ...

Tell me about it...I literally haven't played video games on a regular basis in well over 10 years...tried to get back into my favorite game series of all time (Final Fantasy), by starting where I left off with Final Fantasy X....80 hours later (might literally be 40, 50, 60...who knows...many, many hours) and this happens...FML

The even more scary part is I retried all the steps and I again got that SAME "The location to save data for this system will be changed from the internal memory and to the removable memory card" error...

I guess I'm gonna have to stick with LocoRoco after all.. I feel your pain brother

Do you really think the cause of this is using the PSP bubble for the Adrenaline instead of a real downloaded PSP game like LocoRoco?

Can anyone confirm that even if I used a memory card restoration software to find the deleted files (like I've done on my computer, my cameras SD card, etc. etc. etc. over the years when something is accidentally deleted), that wouldn't let me restore my save games, correct? I've read the only way to backup game saves is to take an image of the entire memory card...

I have also (and I'm still a total novice...) read that people are modifying save games? Are those to Vita games? Or PS1 games or what? I would be totally open to somehow finding a Final Fantasy X save around the same part of the game I was in and continuing from there (that would seriously be a miracle in my eyes).

MrFunnyShoes

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can modify saves on vita, there is a great tutorial over wololo about FFX and FFX2 hex save editing, as far as I know you can use FFXED save editor and modify game progress (plot wise - haven't done that but there is an option there).

You can also use saves from ps2 and convert them into ps vita saves using Memory sum checker (press ctrl and o and press play button, in my case it was "BISLPM-65115FF090606" file and after that I renamed it to "data0000.bin" and put that in my save folder).

I honestly don't know how I got this app, I have a bit mess on my pc. I've managed to do that and convert my international final fantasy X save.

BTW You can make save backups with save manager.

Attachments

• MemorySumChecker.rar
    307.7 KB · Views: 216

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you transfer files via usb or Ftp?

If you transferred by USB did you remove device safely?

The VITA throws a right wobbly if you dont remove device safely (Experiance on my 64GB card) strangly enough it doesnt seem to care with the 4 and 8GB cards though.....

I personally have not had any issues using the easy installer - and now that you are activated why dont you try the ePSP bubble maker for your adrenaline installation?

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WellI hardly belive will work but.
Try conect usb. Use some data recover tool and save the ff directory. Install ff and copy your saved directory above the new. Use a save backup tool. Reinstall ff and recover the save.
Goid luck.

cheezitman2001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into the exact same issue after I ran the Easy Installer. Installation looked like it went through, the Vita rebooted, and said "You cannot use the internal memory card while the removable memory card is inserted." I clicked okay, and all my data was gone. I never removed the card, or put anything on the internal data.

It really sucks, but I wasn't able to get any of that data back. Sorry :(

Dochartaigh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you transfer files via usb or Ftp?

If you transferred by USB did you remove device safely?

For the initial QCMA process to activate my Vita I did not properly eject it (and don't think there's a way to safely eject it from the PS3 itself, is there?).

When I was transferring the VPK files for everything else, I did it via FTP since they're small.

Under normal use (i.e. before the card decided to format itself), I use USB for large file transfers - I eject it from my Mac, then hit the "O" button on the Vita to exit out of the USB transfer in vitaShell - my mac always gives me the "you didn't eject properly" error, but there doesn't seem to be another way to eject it (have tried to hit "O" first on vitaShell, but then the mac can't eject it properly then since the error pops up immediately upon hitting "O").

WellI hardly belive will work but.
Try conect usb. Use some data recover tool and save the ff directory. Install ff and copy your saved directory above the new. Use a save backup tool. Reinstall ff and recover the save.
Goid luck.

I downloaded the top 2 recovery programs and my Mac scanning for HOURS...only like 839kb found so it did not work unfortunately.

So right now I said F it and reformatted everything and put the Vita back to factory settings (and used my PSN email address upon first setup like you're supposed to). Installed Henkaku just fine. ePSP Bubble Installer installed fine ("BIGHEADSNOOKER" is the PSP bubble). When I click on EasyInstaller it tells me taiHENkaku's config.txt WAS found, but gives me this error:

"Checking for act.dat file..NOT FOUND"
!!! You must activate your Vita first !!!

I thought once you activated a Vita, as long as you enter that email address it's activated forever, no? I know it was activated before because it let me open and play the LocoRoco PSP game which I simply couldn't do without the Vita being activated, correct?

I'm at work now so no PS3 until I get home, but what should I do? Re-download the LocoRoco game and copy it over via my PS3? That was a friggin PITA to do (the tutorial here is literally missing ~10+ steps I had to make educated guesses on...). Am I wrong with my above assumptions that the Vita ISN'T always activated?

Dochartaigh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I did a full factory restore - I wanted to limit ANY possibility of anything on the memory card or internal storage causing any of these problems again so I did a full restore (and format of sd card and internal memory) so I could try the ENTIRE process -from Henkaku forward- again (that's the best way to troubleshoot in my experience...even if I have to do the PS3 activation method again).

I downloaded Adrenaline Easy Installer from the MediaFire link in your tutorial.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Oooooooh, I see. You fucked up there then, if you do a full restore it un-links the activation status from your Vita.

As to what initially happened, I have no idea how your memory card could've gotten wiped and you won't be able to restore data from it so you're sort of out of luck there I'm afraid.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Easy Installer did this to me as well a while back. It's definitely that and not the bubble installer as it wasn't out yet. Next time you get the message, don't choose OK. Select cancel or whatever the alternative is.

Dochartaigh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh trust me, I've definitely learned my lesson. Next time I try something like this I'm making a good old fashioned 65gb backup (and furthermore will spend the time researching how to backup individual save games).

Is it better to do it the old fashioned way? I'll have to lookup a tutorial on how to do it (I think everything points to this new method now...which as we have seen isn't exactly reliable).

Dochartaigh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now the friggin PSN Network is making me change my password (probably because I formatted the PS3 last night)....and they'll send that email in 24 hours....(maybe...if I'm lucky - from what I've read many aren't)

Dochartaigh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunch of people here, along with a bunch of people on Reddit also described this same thing happening to them...I wonder why I haven't heard of it before in my research...Should REALLY be a warning to backup if so many people are having this same issue (which, speaking for myself personally, would NEVER even think that it would format everything in a million years).

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never used easy adrenaline installer... my Vita was activated back in October before the spoof stopped working and downloaded locoroco. Installed adrenaline the manual way. Today I downloaded and installed the new epsp bubble creator and manually edited my tai text config file to point adrenaline towards the new bubble. And made sure it worked before deleting locoroco. Everything works. Nothing deleted besides loco. I don't think anyone should use the easy adrenaline installer tbh. Too buggy..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse