OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
KF24Crq.png

EA has just announced they're starting a new service, EA Access, that brings Xbox One users free EA games and discounts on EA-related content, similar to Sony's "PS+" subscription. This "EA Access" costs $4.99 a month, or $29.99 for an entire year.

Subscribing to EA Access will cost $4.99 a month (or $29.99 a year), and since the program is technically in beta, only four games will initially be available: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4, "with more titles being added soon."

Additionally, EA Access will also net subscribers 10 percent discounts on all EA digital content, which includes full games and DLC, as well as access to trials of new EA games nearly a week before they come out (with saves that copy over to the final game, should you choose to purchase it later). Games that will be eligible for early access and save copy-over are Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA Live 15, and
Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Not a lot of information about the service has been released so far, so we don't know whether it'll be free for a limited time, or free as long as you're subscribed to the service, but either way this is a fairly...interesting gesture. PS+ is praised for its "free" (read: Rental) game offerings, and it seems EA is dipping their fingers in the pot as well.

:arrow:Source

Reactions: T-hug

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I bet it is not a Xbox exclusive, Anyway, EA is turning their polices so hard this year... the 2014 EA is much more gamer-friendly than the 2012 EA for example.

Now we will have some weird situations, like, an EA subscriber that is not Xbox Live subscriber will be able to play online? If we were in 2012 I would say "no" but the things on MS and EA are changing, so lets wait and see...

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
EA Access = The New "Online Pass?"

...after all this is how PS+ started on the PS3.

Free Games, Discounts, access to exclusive Trials and Cloud Saves...

...now it's required for multiplayer. that escalated quickly.

And I can see EA doing the same thing if "EA Access" takes off.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
EA Access = The New "Online Pass?"

...after all this is how PS+ started on the PS3.

Free Games, Discounts, access to exclusive Trials and Cloud Saves...

...now it's required for multiplayer. that escalated quickly.
I see this feature as a step on the right direction, just look, Xbox One already have cloud saves and online play for gold members only, It is a premiss that gold users have access to all multilayer gaming, and it will not change. By the way, MS are relaxing restrictions, non-gold users now have a wide range of online content like youtube, netflix, and all that stuff that should never been charged.

But I always look twice to anything "good" that come from EA or MS, historically they have bad behaviors, but I cant see where it will not be good until now.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Given that who signs up for this knows what to expect, sport games / shooters / racers and that's about it (well, there's also Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age and Mass Effect but their focus is probably be on the big sellers).

It seems like an okay deal but PS Plus and Xbox-GWG might be better than EA Access (especially PS Plus). They at least have variety (I bet EA's gonna shove a ton of FIFA and Madden to their paid EA Access customers).

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could this be what EA wanted to push in exchange for working on Nintendo's WiiU network system? Was that rumor ever expanded upon?

DrFiishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This could be a new thing after the current ''early access'' thing.....and to be fair i rather have this then early access :P

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Huntereb

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Sony decided to pass on EA Access because "it wasn't good enough" or maybe because they didn't want competition even though it'd be only EA games.

Despite all the hate EA gets I really like their Need for Speed and Burnout games (+ Mirror's Edge 2), but it's been a while since either of the two had a new release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good