E3 Opens to the Public in 2017 for the First Time

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Feb 8, 2017.

1. ww97

ww97 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Iran
    In Temple of Form
    There's another issue, can you cross the WALL?:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

2. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    You mean E3 never allowed non-press members in before? That seems like a rather large fuck up! Other major gadget and invention shows, have always invited the public every few years.

3. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I'm positive it has already been open to the public, the only catch is tickets are near $1k a piece and thats not including travel and hotel to get there assuming you arent from the area.

So unless you are part of the industry in some meaningful way its probably not worth your time when you can read up on everything online for free.

4. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Swaziland
    I live in Geneva, Switzerland, and we have a few international conventions like the Geneva Motor Show, and during the show the prices of the hotels in the city get really ugly. So much that they had to limit the price raise by passing a bill.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I don't know how that would work in LA though. All those room sharing applications have nailed the rental market by seeing landlords turn former rentals into hotel suites in all but name*, and this would only exacerbate that problem. Not to mention while I am highly dubious of short term specific issue laws such a law there would probably get smacked down in the long run as US law tends to favour non interference to a rather high degree (or if you prefer the reason the US government does not have a simple file your taxes here web portal, https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/jsp/index.jsp is merely a link to other services, is because they would then be competing with private industry, while this hotel stuff would likely be state level, or lower, and is not quite the same thing it is an example of the mindset that would be faced).

*cracked I know but the info is solid enough

Ritsuki and Prans like this.
  6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Oh man, I've always wanted to go to E3, but I live so far away. Maybe one day.

7. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Brazil
    Nice. I didn't know it was journalists only, though.

8. SonicCloud

SonicCloud Mhm!

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    close to spring man
    If i go in a legal way (an airplane for example) , of course i would cross across the wall dummy

9. Master_Jorn

Master_Jorn Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    Electronic, AU
    I remember I wanted to go to E3, "You must get an invitation to go, you cannot buy passes." My heart was crushed... "Each ticket is priced at $250." My heart was crushed.