E3 Demos?!?!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the main three (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft) even doing E3 demos this year. Back in 2005, I thought Microsoft was amazing when they decided to give 360 owners a taste of the event by uploading demos minutes after their conference. If the main three are no longer doing this, that would be a shame. Imagine going to your console to watch the press event, live and then playing demos after. That would add a whole new level of audience engagement. Sadly, it looks like Nintendo is trying to drag people out to Best Buy stores to play Mario Maker. -really?! You want me to drive 15 minutes away from home to play a demo that could have easily been uploaded to the eShop? Ugh!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most people don't give much of a shit about E3 anymore, so it's not surprising less effort is being made. Though as nice as demos are, they're typically just going to give you blue balls for the next 6-12 months when done like that.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
You want me to drive 15 minutes
If you can drive you can walk, 15 minutes in a car are 25-30 minutes walking. not much if you ask me and is free.

E3 2005 sure was long ago that the X360 wasn't even launched, you should be referring to 2006, the X360 was new and as with every new console, at a "no gaemz" situation. Microsoft needed to do something about it and hype the console with all what they had.
now days every console is in a good situation so I don't think they'll take the extra effort and prepare post-conference demos for non-attendants. If any, Nintendo is the one in the worse situation but we all know how they are, maybe they'll throw an old game for free for a few hours, like they did with Zelda Four Swords.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That "Back in 2005" (aka: ten years ago) makes me feel old. Next up, we'll be sitting in a retirement home, walking around with walking stick or one of those metal racks, and saying things like "Back in MY day, E3 used to be good!"...while everyone else rolls their eyes and doesn't even bother to tell that E3 is a hasbeen for years. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end