Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
e3_card_reader.jpg
The E3 Card Reader team has informed us that they have successfully placed a 3.50 console into Factory Service Mode. What this means is 3.50 consoles can now be downgraded via E3 Card Reader. For those that currently own an E3 Card Reader, a simple update to the dongles flash is all that is needed to be able to downgrade your system.

QUOTEDear friends,
Thank you for using E3card Reader PS3. Today we will bring you a big surprise: the E3-Downgrader for E3card Reader. Yes it's THE downgrader which can turn your 3.5 PS3 down to any version you wanted, i.e. the 3.41. It's no time limit, no PC software need to download, no need to write any emails, no need to wait and after all it's FREE. Yes, it's true. We can even proved that today it's not the day one of you need to go on board of some you know what ships, that of cause because we are Chinese. You can review the videos by click here, download the upgrade file by click here and download the 3.41 FW package by click here.
Password : iLoveE3
please note that it's case-sensitive.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Best Regards
E3Diy Group
Cheaper alternative to the psjailbreak. $18 USD.

Source

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Where can I buy this dongle from? Do you think I should wait until the PS3Break can downgrade? Assuming it will be able to. I want to play GT5!

Edit: Just went onto www.lightake.com seems as though they are out of stock
frown.gif

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
al5911 said:
Cheapest I saw on NDSCart... $17.99, registered airmail. Ordered one
rolleyes.gif

Champion! Just ordered one and got $1 off for being a new member lol.

Looks like I'll be playing GT5 tonight. Hell yeah!

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just ordered one from Lightake. I was waiting for openiboot to be ported to iPad, but this seems like a better overall solution. Now I can update my PS3 to 3.5 to get NHL GameCenter working, and then downgrade when I need to play a game.

Does this let you downgrade more than once? I'm new to the PS3 scene

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
science said:
Just ordered one from Lightake. I was waiting for openiboot to be ported to iPad, but this seems like a better overall solution. Now I can update my PS3 to 3.5 to get NHL GameCenter working, and then downgrade when I need to play a game.

I don't see why you can't use it more than once.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
431unknown said:
Just picked one up off of lightake. For 15$ you can't beat it.

Weird it said they were out of stock half an hour ago. Ohh well, I'm not going to cry over $2.

Sephxus

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PlayStation 3 said:
Is there any tutorial on how to use this? My friend's got one.
Follow this link.

QUOTE(science @ Dec 3 2010, 08:46 PM) Just ordered one from Lightake. I was waiting for openiboot to be ported to iPad, but this seems like a better overall solution. Now I can update my PS3 to 3.5 to get NHL GameCenter working, and then downgrade when I need to play a game.

You will be able to downgrade more than once. This was a limitation set intentionally by psjailbreak on their initial software to get more money.
*However, they decided allow free unlimited downgrades to their customers.

Since this is free, I see no reason to restrict it to single downgrades.

kosjka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've heard rumours about BD-movies playback that have stopped to function after a downgrade. Does anybody know if there's some truth in that rumour or if it's just fake.

It's in swedish but it comes from one of our most well-known albeit expensive modchipsite.

http://www.psxcare.com/product.php?xProd=1342

Rough translation
You should note that on the 2nd of December 2010 we noticed that Blu-Ray movie support crashed after downgrading PS3 consoles, we don't know what's causing it but our theory is that some kind of copy protection has been planted in the 3.50 fw and that the registry keys(no idea about that one) don't match after the downgrade. DVD-movies and Blu-ray game support hasn't been rubbed according to what we have seen. We have noted this phenomenon on 2 Phat PS3 which we downgraded but our PS3Slim played Blu-Ray movies just fine when we did the same thing(3rd of December). We will try with another Phat PS3 which Blu-Ray movie support we check before downgrading(it could perhaps been broken already) which we didn't do in the other two cases and se what will come of it.

It's loose but i'm still a bit shaky.

I'm pretty stoked still and when I can find a site that looks reliable enough to ask my parents to order it(I don't have a Visa or Internet Bank) I probably will.

Sephxus

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
geedub said:
great news !

does anyone know if this has been ported to anything else yet ?
Yes. The PS3Break and EcliPS3 Teams have announced downgrade support.
You can read about this here.

Hopefully, an open source version will be available in the future for all to enjoy.
wink.gif

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, why didn't PS3Break announce they were releasing a downgrader too? Now I'll have both the PS3Break and the E3
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head