OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to dump a GBA ROM onto a GBA cartridge

If this is against the rules (I'm a bit hazy with them - I know you can't ask for roms or post them, but I don't think this is against the rules) please just delete/close this thread

So, that would be nice if someone could just explain this whole ROM dumping thing to me, what I need for it, etc. (Also, if someone knows a tool to make stickers that'd be cool.)

Why I need to do this: I wanted to put a ROM hack, Pokemon Liquid Crystal, onto a GBA cartridge for my cousin's birthday present.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ROM stands for Read-Only Memory. You cannot modify the contents of a GBA cartridge, other than the tiny amount of space dedicated to save data.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I think there are some very old GBA flash carts which you basically just load 1 ROM onto. But GBA Flashcarts are probably the better option, you can put a load onto it for your cousin.

D

Deleted User

so how are the fake pokemon hacks dumped on the cardrige then?

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They're not 'dumped onto a cartridge' per se. They're made in China in a similar way to how Nintendo made official ones (ie the game is written to a ROM chip), although it's a lot sketchier and the build quality is not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass