ROM Hack Dumping DS carts

mathew1971

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am trying to dump some DS carts and struggling.

I have tried a couple of methods.

1. Wooddumper CIA on 3DS - this runs but when i press a to dump screen goes black and hangs. Using gateway as entry point to launch CIA.

2 Tried both Wooddumper and NDS backup tool - via slot 2 flashcards (Acekard 2 and R4i 3DS) - no luck with either - Wooddumper errors as dump fail and NDS backup fails to read card slot 1.

Probably some silly mistakes - have looked around net for guides but cant find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
for slot 2 dumping you need a GBA flashcart (you didn't posted which gba flashcart you using, so i will assume it's the ez iv)
you need to patch the nds backup tool with the dldi file for your gba flashcart. (if you can't find it, i can provide a link)
most NDS flashcarts will autopatch the DLDI with it's own patch, i own a DSTWO and i don't know if it's possible to dissable the DLDI auto patching in this card, so i require an extra step, LOCK the dldi
to lock the DLDI, there is this software found in the DLDI website https://www.chishm.com/DLDI/downloads/dldi-noap-gui.zip instructions in a readme file.
so basically: patch the homebrew with the GBA flaschcart DLDI file, lock the DLDI from being patched by the slot 1 cart
this is required for nds backup tool slot 2 from rudolph
if you own a ez 3-in-1 you don't require a special version dedicated for it
i also think you require this with wood dumper... but i can't remember very well

in case you already did this, are you trying to dump real carts or bootlegs\copies\fakes?

about the 3ds woodumper, i can't help, it works for me, i have a9lh

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for slot 2 dumping you need a GBA flashcart (you didn't posted which gba flashcart you using, so i will assume it's the ez iv)
you need to patch the nds backup tool with the dldi file for your gba flashcart. (if you can't find it, i can provide a link)
most NDS flashcarts will autopatch the DLDI with it's own patch, i own a DSTWO and i don't know if it's possible to dissable the DLDI auto patching in this card, so i require an extra step, LOCK the dldi
to lock the DLDI, there is this software found in the DLDI website https://www.chishm.com/DLDI/downloads/dldi-noap-gui.zip instructions in a readme file.
so basically: patch the homebrew with the GBA flaschcart DLDI file, lock the DLDI from being patched by the slot 1 cart
this is required for nds backup tool slot 2 from rudolph
if you own a ez 3-in-1 you don't require a special version dedicated for it
i also think you require this with wood dumper... but i can't remember very well

in case you already did this, are you trying to dump real carts or bootlegs\copies\fakes?

about the 3ds woodumper, i can't help, it works for me, i have a9lh

to much hassle when godmode9 does a fine job and already answered above

Reactions: EpicLPer

mathew1971

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks all - i have finally installed Luma on my 3ds and got rid of Gateway - have now used Godmode to dump carts as suggested.

Finally do i need to convert my 3DS games (that are on micro sd in gateway) to CIAS to install on Luma modded 3DS or can i run as .3DS files?

Thnaks again.

Reactions: migles

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This can also be done in GodMode9. Just find the .tmd file you want in your titles directory and it'll give you the option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol