Hacking Dumped my vWii nand after I installed homebrew

Nasedase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the time I had no idea you needed emunand to run VC games from an SD card.
And now I'm wondering if a corrupt nand is the reason why VC games still aren't running on my card or hard drive.
I got the games to show in the emunand of my usb drive within Wiiflow but when I try to run them a black screen shows for a while and I'm returned to the Wiiflow menu.
I followed a guide from this thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-r...-an-sd-card-in-vwii-mode.340143/#post-5057093

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now I'm wondering if a corrupt nand is the reason why VC games still aren't running on my card or hard drive.
I got the games to show in the emunand of my usb drive within Wiiflow but when I try to run them a black screen shows for a while and I'm returned to the Wiiflow menu.
I followed a guide from this thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-r...-an-sd-card-in-vwii-mode.340143/#post-5057093

Ouch that would not be the recommended way now of installing IOS wads. ShowMiiNand/wad appears to resigns your wads.

First,make sure older versions of reports/nand dumps are tucked away safely:
THEN
Run the latest versions
Dump Mii NAND - a BootMii format (nand.bin) NAND dumper for vWii/Wii
Run SysCheck SysCheck HacksDen Edition
Run InspectMii InspectMii, NEW Wii/vWii Homebrew
Report back.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FStools is another dumper that dumps them already extracted, and i can confirm its working because i use my Vwii nand on dolphin emulator :) , My WiiU version is currently 5.1.0, and the games won't run from the SD card because you first need to install ios80 patch which works perfectly for me :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
FStools is a better dumper as it dumps them already extracted, and i can confirm its working because i use my Vwii nand on dolphin emulator :) , My WiiU version is currently 5.1.0, and the games won't run from the SD card because you first need to install ios80 patch which works perfectly for me :)
Actually that's exactly why FSToolbox isn't better. BootMii format means it's hassle free to restore the backup once BootMii is released for vWii.

Nasedase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch that would not be the recommended way now of installing IOS wads. ShowMiiNand/wad appears to resigns your wads.

First,make sure older versions of reports/nand dumps are tucked away safely:
THEN
Run the latest versions
Dump Mii NAND - a BootMii format (nand.bin) NAND dumper for vWii/Wii
Run SysCheck SysCheck HacksDen Edition
Run InspectMii InspectMii, NEW Wii/vWii Homebrew
Report back.

dumped the nand, did syscheck and the only thing of note that it said was IOS9 *rev 1290): No Patches
Ran Inspect Mii and I had no idea what anything meant. I'm lost here. Were you saying originally that using ShowMiiWads program on PC wont work anymore?

I also got keys and nand files in the root of my SD card, but I'm not sure what to do with them now.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dumped the nand, did syscheck and the only thing of note that it said was IOS9 *rev 1290): No Patches
Ran Inspect Mii and I had no idea what anything meant. I'm lost here. Were you saying originally that using ShowMiiWads program on PC wont work anymore?

I also got keys and nand files in the root of my SD card, but I'm not sure what to do with them now.

Post the SysCheck log (you can edit or change the consoleID).
v1290 is the right version. Did you somehow try to patch IOS9?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, his partner is Luke