Hacking DSTWO vs EZ flash (GBA on DS phat)

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
who cares these ones are quality products I have the same package I bought it for taking apart my 1st Gen DS, i've taken my DS and Wii apart with this set

lava123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who cares these ones are quality products I have the same package I bought it for taking apart my 1st Gen DS, i've taken my DS and Wii apart with this set

i just ordered one from amazon for 3.25 and a can of condensed air. And it will come on the 12-16th so thank you for the help. So i take the nds apart and then what should i do>?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
use the can of compressed air to clean any dirt and dust off the motherboard don't hold it too close you'll get the motherboard wet 12 Inches/1 Foot away from the system should be fine.

Sometimes the contacts for the slot-2 gets so covered in dust it causes issues, Put some rubbing alcohol in a small container or cup shot glass even, take a Q-tip dip it in the rubbing alcohol let it drip dry don't shake it(Might as well let it drip back into container), Run the Q-tip with rubbing alcohol along the contacts getting them a bit moist not wet(You may need several Q-tip's depending on dirt build-up levels). Let the contacts air dry for roughly 30 minutes and put the system back together.
Everything should be working fine afterwards, if not try cleaning the contacts of your cartridge(Remember pins and contacts are supposed to be gold plated).

I usually do a second pass on the Q-tip with rubbing alcohol just to get most of the dirt and dust off the contacts, it's not necessary but I like to make sure I get the job done right the first time.

lava123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use the can of compressed air to clean any dirt and dust off the motherboard don't hold it too close you'll get the motherboard wet 12 Inches/1 Foot away from the system should be fine.

Sometimes the contacts for the slot-2 gets so covered in dust it causes issues, Put some rubbing alcohol in a small container or cup shot glass even, take a Q-tip dip it in the rubbing alcohol let it drip dry don't shake it(Might as well let it drip back into container), Run the Q-tip with rubbing alcohol along the contacts getting them a bit moist not wet(You may need several Q-tip's depending on dirt build-up levels). Let the contacts air dry for roughly 30 minutes and put the system back together.
Everything should be working fine afterwards, if not try cleaning the contacts of your cartridge(Remember pins and contacts are supposed to be gold plated).

I usually do a second pass on the Q-tip with rubbing alcohol just to get most of the dirt and dust off the contacts, it's not necessary but I like to make sure I get the job done right the first time.

im still sketched out on taking apart the console, hopefully i dont break it..

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just watch the video pause it when your at certain steps then resume it when you want to continue. Watch the video a few times over to familiarize yourself with how it is taken apart. You only need to watch the first 3 minutes of the video to know how to take it apart, The rest of the video is replacing a screen.

lava123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just watch the video pause it when your at certain steps then resume it when you want to continue. Watch the video a few times over to familiarize yourself with how it is taken apart. You only need to watch the first 3 minutes of the video to know how to take it apart, The rest of the video is replacing a screen.

hey in that video i dont see where you clean the gba slot

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that's because it's a video displaying how to take apart the DS Lite(The fat DS is slightly different) thats the only reason I posted it, you don't need any of the other instructions in the video that's just for replacing the screen.
Do you really need a video of someone cleaning dir/dust off gold plated pins that a Gameboy Advance Cartridge plugs into?
I didn't even need to watch a video or have someone tell me how to take it apart and clean it out

lava123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's because it's a video displaying how to take apart the DS Lite(The fat DS is slightly different) thats the only reason I posted it, you don't need any of the other instructions in the video that's just for replacing the screen.
Do you really need a video of someone cleaning dir/dust off gold plated pins that a Gameboy Advance Cartridge plugs into?
I didn't even need to watch a video or have someone tell me how to take it apart and clean it out

no, i dont see where the golden pins are

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you know what your right the pins aren't visible sorry their covered by a black block
Don't worry about using rubbing alcohol on them I mixed up the DS fat model and the Lite model(the DS Lite GBA slot would need to be de-soldered in order to apply rubbing alcohol to the pins).
Sorry about that

lava123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know what your right the pins aren't visible sorry their covered by a black block
Don't worry about using rubbing alcohol on them I mixed up the DS fat model and the Lite model(the DS Lite GBA slot would need to be de-soldered in order to apply rubbing alcohol to the pins).
Sorry about that

ok.. i dont know how to solder, so.. i just ordered that all for nothing.. damn. Can i clean the gba sp without any de-soldering>?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you didn't order it for nothing.. you can still follow all the steps I laid out just skip the step where you have to put rubbing alcohol on the GBA slot pins
you could however put some rubbing alcohol on the cartridge pins and insert the cartridge in the gba slot of the DS that would transfer the rubbing alcohol

xy1154

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Recently there's a new revision of EZ4 which is incompatible with the v1.72 kernel. I don't own a new one so I can't tell its quality. However, even with some flaws, EZ4 is still better than the emulator in DSTWO as the latter one requires much more power.

mmfsm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have a dstwo and with the updated tempgba and a couple of mods for it, i can play any game on it from pokemon firered, ff VI, golden sun, fire emblem etc. emulatin is quite good plus save states......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche