Not open for further replies.

jay24k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having non stop issues on both of my DSTWO for my kids. After searching and reading on here, it seemed the tape trick would work off and on. Well I found a better trick that has worked 100% on both of mine and on others that had the issues. The problem appears that just the contacts needs to be raised, not the whole card.

Remove the screw off the DSTWO. Open up the flash cart. I didn't want to remove the bottom plastic beneath the contacts so I gapped it open slightly. I got some blue painters tape and cut a piece the same width and only a centimeter deep. You can look in there and see some thermal paste. I didn't want to put the tape over that since it most likely gets warm/hot. I put two layers of tape. This essentially pushes only the contact portion up and not the whole card.

I saw all sorts of fixes but as I stated, this seemed to fix everyone I've touched. Feel free to ask any questions or maybe someone can move this into the sticky.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
ah, thanks, thats what I call a very useful post.

I know this is a lot to ask, but would you mind posting a little more detailed thread, in the tutorials area http://gbatemp.net/forum/233-nds-tutorials-faqs/
prefereably with detailed instructions & pictures?

if you do so I'll submit a news article, because this can potentially help hundreds if not thousands of people.

jay24k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll get some pictures tomorrow for sure. This has nothing to do with a kernel or software issue. This is a card issue. When the card doesn't detect unless you barely touch it and then goes away, it is due to a contact issue. Also, my son had non stop freezing issues. I've tried the panasonic format and everything else. He was super excited that not a single game had a freeze. Generally his games freeze all the time.

Hopefully this helps some that have the issues not related to the software.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you still going to make the guide or are you in the process of making it?
Please keep us updated, I think this can help lots of people and it would be a shame if others wouldn't be able to benefit from a good contact issues fix that is simple and works well.

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DSTWO doesn't get recognized now and again, can be a pain. Happens specifically if the game froze or I just hit the shutdown button while playing a game.

Abel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, I also had this problem of the card not being recognized unless pushed and hold at the very bottom of the slot. I decided to try the OP's method but was unsuccessful. You can't really elevate the card much anyway since the plastic shell won't keep it all well and won't fit the DS slot. Finally I just took a cutter and removed the grid that covers the contacts. I then used a microfiber cloth to wipe them and still let a bit of cut hard paper beneath as the OP suggested. Now everything seems to be working on the first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr