Hacking DSTWO causing 3DS to freeze

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it seems my dstwo has died after 7 long years of service.
What's odd is that my 3ds still seems to be able to detect it.
If the dstwo is inserted before powering on the 3ds, the 3ds hangs at a black screen and never reaches hom menu.
If I insert the dstwo while on the home menu the 3ds freezes (ie. I can't move the cursor and any top screen animation also freezes). The Alex Rider icon doesn't show up either.
I've tried using the gateway blue card and that works fine.
So, is my dstwo beyond salvage? I'm rather fond of playing gba games on the 3sa.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's on the latest firmware, as I've used it before on a 7.2 3ds.
I've cleaned the contacts and opened it up and the insides look fine.
I don't have a ds to test it on though.
It seems this problem actually isn't that rare, as someone in another forum reported it too.
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-10196-1-1.html

BestR4i3DS.com

Trophies
Website
www.New3DSCard.com
XP
Country
United States
one of the guy solved the problem by clean goldfingers

you'd better try another SD Card, microSD card, if can find another 3DS console to test will be great.

If all tested done, but still can't solved , maybe the card broken, you need a new one.

DSTwo is really a great card, it can works 7 years, no second card can service for so long time.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DSTwo is really a great card, it can works 7 years, no second card can service for so long time.

a little bit off topic... but I still have a very old gba flash card and it still works today... I agree, that DSTWO is a great flash card, but saying something stupid like it is great, just because it works after 7 years is something, that is just entirely wrong with today's society... back in the old days things were built for LIFE, nowadays we are happy, if some electronic device still works after 5 years, geez ... not to mention, that nowadays companies even build in special parts, that are supposed to break after a certain amount of years, after warranty is over ... makes me sick
my old NES still works perfectly, how long is the life span of a console nowadays? nothing compared to the old days :(

Edit: btw it is no myth or theory, I have actually read and even watched reports on TV about studies conducted in germany about those predetermined breaking points in electronics and they do exist, companies build in just a few cheap parts here in there, that will break alot sooner and oftener then the rest of the hardware forcing people to either let them repair it or just buy a new product
not saying, every company does it, but it is a commonly used method

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I watched a documentary on all that stuff called The lightbulb conspiracy
Basically it all started with light bulbs giving them a 1000 hour life and strong arming companies to all put the same limit onto the bulb, even though they already made 10,000 hour bulbs, same concept was adapted virtually all products, it's getting worse now days with things barely scraping past the warranty, if you planning to buy a laptop or something look how long the warranty is....it will give you an idea of how long it's built to last....for the same reason I wouldn't buy a second hand laptop unless I know the person selling it and know it wasn't heavily used

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1