dstt error message

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by gail-amanda, Dec 12, 2008.

Dec 12, 2008

dstt error message by gail-amanda at 2:25 PM (1,957 Views / 0 Likes) 11 Comments

• Newcomer

gail-amanda New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    hi i bought my dstt card about 2 weeks ago and its been working fine, then this morning i turned it off and wen i turned my ds back on it is displaying a red card in the top screen that says error(with an angry face lol) does anyone kno whats wrong, it was fine 3 hours ago plz help x

Bri New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    What version of the firmware are you using?

Is your card real or fake? To help you determine, see: http://www.ndstt.com/en/anti_fake.html

What happens if you turn on your NDS with the DSTT inserted but without any microSD card in it?

-Bri
    • Newcomer

gail-amanda New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    well 1st i have checked it and yes its real and 2ndly wen it has no sd card in it has a blue card displayed saying no card and last of all i dont kno what firmware i have i just downloaded it from this site
    • Newcomer

gail-amanda New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    iv just put the sd card into the reader and into the pc and it says the card needs formatting then a said yes to format now than it sadi that it was unable to complete format what is going on x

Bri New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    OK, it sounds like your microSD card may be corrupted. Try to use the Panasonic formatter to format the card.

If that doesn't work, it's possible that your card reader isn't working (the ones that come with the DSTT are notoriously crappy), so you may want to try it with a different card reader if you have one.

If that doesn't work, try formatting it in a cell phone, camera, or other device.

-Bri
    • Newcomer

gail-amanda New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    were do i get the panasonic formatter from, how do i format my card in my phone
    i tried my other card reader and the pc is not picking it up so must be broken too
    thanks for your advice x
    • Newcomer

freddysmith New Member

Message Count:
    United States

Bri New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    If your PC isn't seeing it with either card reader, then it's not likely you'll be able to format it using the Panasonic formatter, but try it anyway.

Reformatting the microSD on your phone or camera depends on the phone or camera you're using. It should have an option to delete everything from the microSD card or to format the microSD card.

You didn't mention what type of microSD card you have, but if it's a Kingston it has a lifetime warranty, and they'll replace it.

-Bri
    • Newcomer

gail-amanda New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    no its a sandisc it is picking the card up on the windows but it just wont format it it just says unable to format device ?? ill try the panasonic one thanks x

retiredjerk New Member

Message Count:
    usually means windows is actually seeing the usb adapter and not the microsd card. i have ressurected microsd's that would not read in any pc by formatting them with my TREO cell phone and then formatting in a pc. try it out and see if it works. nothing to lose really.
    • Newcomer

gail-amanda New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    i would but i dont have a treo phone and i dont think we have that make over here the card does not fit my mobile either guess ill just get a new card its a bit of a pain tho iv only had this one 2 weeks thanks everyone x

Bri New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    First try the Panasonic formatter.

If that doesn't work, you need to find someone with a cell phone or camera that can take a microSD card and reformat it in that device.

If it's a Kingston, you can return it to them and they'll replace it (Kingston's have a lifetime warranty).

-Bri