OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Hi!

Today, my brother was using his DSTT, doing some GBA backups and playing games. Suddenly DS won't recognize it anymore. I've tried to clean all metal contacts, reflowing solder, etc. with no avail.

I've also tried fake recovery software, and it says "Not Support Device" with different error code every time I try it. Interestingly my Action replay DSi recognizes it, but when I try to launch it that way DS's screen shows DSTT's "Loading" screen for a one second and then only white.

Is there any way to revive it, or should I just buy a new flashcart?

That DSTT is years old (bought around 2008-2009 from DX), so I wouldn't be surprised if the cart was already dying.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried a different microSD card? Even if it's been working until now, it might have gone bad (even if your PC can still recognize it).

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Have you tried a different microSD card? Even if it's been working until now, it might have gone bad (even if your PC can still recognize it).

Yes, but that's not the case. DS won't autoboot to DSTT menu, and DS won't recognize it at all. DS's menu says "There is no DS Card inserted." Heck, I have even tried it in my DSi XL to get that "an error has occured"- screen without any kind of success.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried putting a folded up piece of paper in there between the slot and the DSTT? Since it's not being detected, that could be a contact problem, either that or the thing is just dead.

And yeah, you probably should get another cart if that doesn't work.

Reactions: Shorkio

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Buying a brand new R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) should only set you back less than 20, including shipping, so I'd just do that. Its also updated to the latest FPGA patch for the 3DS before it ships from most resellers.

Reactions: Shorkio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Purple_Heart, I'm old as well. 👴