Hacking DSLink on sale

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats kind of like a fixed price auction on eBay right? I mean, I see ones with a 1G TF and another with a 1G, DSlite and hori protectors on there too and they all list numerous pieces @ fixed price.

Of course, the translator doesnt do so well, and I have no idea why I'd want to use Pay Po
laugh.gif
Wonder how good this thing will be...

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use a passme device on it? I'm reading this article from MaxConsole. I hit the part #4, and it says
QUOTE said:
Note : NDS mainframe brush machine for DSLink Flashme 7,000 for the installation of the. No brush machine users need to use guide card guide. (such as the use of Mk4 guide cards in Mk4 guide to the menu cards after corner Mk4 replaced by the a button and then DSLink cards can enter DSLink. And other equipment have lead Solt1 cards can guide such use)
Ok from what I can tell from retranslating the first sentence from just logic, it says to me
"Flashed NDS machine, for the installation of DSLInk, installation of Flashme v7."
For the second sentence from the way I'm retranslating it from logic
"Nonflashed machine users need to us passcard. (Such as Mk4 passcards to guide to menu cards replace by using A button then put in DSLink.) yadayadayada..."
I'm assuming "brushed" means "flashed", so with that we can assume that there is a way to use NDSLink with a nonflashed NDS. It's just using the convience of swapping the cards in slot1 which is kinda... annoying if you think about it. Just an assumption I'm making.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why so many people have a problem flashing their DS's. For me there is one feature that stands out above all others as a virtual necessity and that is: FIRMWARE RECOVERY!

With all the programs, ROM dumps, homebrew, etc, etc I am downloading, I believe it would be ill-advised to leave my DS unprotected against a possible bricker.

What are the downsides to flashing (other than voiding your warranty) and why are so many people against doing it?

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ds link is a failure. Why buy DS Link and a Passme. When you can just buy a Passme and a GBA Flash Cart.. makes NO sence at all.

I assume the big advantages of this type of flash cart will become apparent when Nintendo releases more games compatible with the Rumble Pack / Memory Pack. They may also release other addons for the GBA slot such as a TV / Radio Tuner, IF/RF capability for use as a remote control, Gyrometer, GPS tool, etc, etc. The bottom line is that Nintendo is already using the GBA slot IN CONJUNCTION with DS games. This is simply not possible with the current setup of running DS games through Slot 2 (GBA).

mrekli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
oppressthebutton.com
XP
Country
United States
I for one have had all my DS's flashed for a while. I like how this product is looking. I'm just curious about compatiblity and features (like skinning). Anyone have info on this?

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but for other products like a TV tuner. DS and NDS would be alot more different. for the web browser its the same and is only for ram. NDS slot will be used for any 'add-ons'. Opera was only an excpetion.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, but for other products like a TV tuner. DS and NDS would be alot more different. for the web browser its the same and is only for ram. NDS slot will be used for any 'add-ons'. Opera was only an excpetion.

With all due respect, your highness, if Nintendo (or 3rd party companies) want to use an 'add-on' at the same time as a DS game (such as the rumble pack, a gyrometer, a camera, etc) they will be forced to use the GBA slot. After all, the DS is made primarily for DS games, so why would an 'add-on' leave the GBA slot as the only one available to play games from?

Most customers don't use the GBA slot at all when playing NDS games so it is basically a free and unused slot for 95% of customers playing NDS games. It is only the hackers who are using GBA flashcarts and I highly doubt Nintendo will be catering to us!

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The reason the GBA slot exist's is for GBA games. There will never be a extension for DS that would be used gameplay wise (ala, Gyroscope). Considering DS already have enough innovation. No need to jack up the price of a DS game adding something stupid like that. TV Tuner 'could've been GBA, but they did DS, why? because they dont want to make 2 versions of every little 'add-on' and kill the DS Phat installbase.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reason the GBA slot exist's is for GBA games. There will never be a extension for DS that would be used gameplay wise (ala, Gyroscope). Considering DS already have enough innovation. No need to jack up the price of a DS game adding something stupid like that. TV Tuner 'could've been GBA, but they did DS, why? because they dont want to make 2 versions of every little 'add-on' and kill the DS Phat installbase.

"When Nintendo released Metroid Prime Pinball, it included a Nintendo DS Rumble Pack, which essentially plugged into the GBA port of the system and vibrated at key points in the game." -joystiq.com

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the RAM pack that comes with Opera is used in future games to expand graphics capabilites much like what was done with the N64:

"The console was finally released in September 1996 and managed to sell all its initial stock Two years later, The N64 Expansion Pack was released for the console, which added 4MB to the RAM to allow games to include larger levels and higher resolutions." -cyberiapc.com

I must disagree with your opinion, considering the trend of using the GBA slot to enhance NDS games is already happening! Also, to dismiss future innovation by saying there is already enough innovation comes across as somewhat foolish. Do you think Nintendo will ever stop innovating and say "Yeah, I think we've done enough new stuff. Let's just do the same 'ol same 'ol from now on"?

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The reason the GBA slot exist's is for GBA games. There will never be a extension for DS that would be used gameplay wise (ala, Gyroscope). Considering DS already have enough innovation. No need to jack up the price of a DS game adding something stupid like that. TV Tuner 'could've been GBA, but they did DS, why? because they dont want to make 2 versions of every little 'add-on' and kill the DS Phat installbase.
I think you've lived up to your name with that post
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte