Hacking DSLink announced

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That’s why DS-Link is trying hard to persuade people into those
“Flashme is good, why not?” BS, and that’s why they are saying that they will develop a software
to back up your original DS bios. It’s all about Chinese version of IQue DS.Â

DS-Link knows, if DS-LINK couldn’t successfully convince all those IQue users to flash their bios,
they will lose a big chunk of market share.

I don’t really care whether people flash their DS or not, but the moral is,
DS-LINK is good, but it is still far from a perfect SLOT1 product.
rofl2.gif

I'd love it if it was even possible to flash the BIOS of a DS/GBA. As it stands, FlashMe is a firmware replacement (aka: software that runs first from a flash chip) and the BIOS is basically embedded (permanently) in the hardware.

The tools and source code already exists to fairly easily dump both the BIOS and the firmware- it'd probably just be a matter of adding DSLink's FAT library to it instead of the GBAMP's. I already adapted it for my own use to dump to the supercard and found out this (simply put): the DS and DSLite bios' dumps are identical (and I'm assuming since FlashMe's firmware works on a IQue the BIOS on it isnt different), and that the DS and DSLite firmware dumps are not the same.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to change the interface language to english? when i press x in the main menu i see the help, but everything is in chinese :'( also all error/info messages are chinese language.

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a bit aprehensive about this product.
Is this product made by the same people behind the Ultraflashpass?

the website http://www.ds-links.com/ has exactly the same design as http://www.ndsgba.net/
both websites link to each other as affiliates.
both products come out of the same district of Hong Kong (One is an actual address, the other a PO box)
DS-Link is being sold at http://www.minionlinestore.com/ (The partner of Ultraflashpass)

The forum for the Ultraflashpass has been closed. http://www.takeforum.com/wwwndsgbanet/inde...um=wwwndsgbanet Was this because of all the complaints about the product.
The dslink forums look very familiar aswell http://www.takeforum.com/dslink/
So is that the end of support for the Ultraflashpass, now that DS-link is out?
How long will DS-Link be supported for in the future?

navier

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm afraid, we won't have a good support from this company. At least not in English. It's only for the Chinese market

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well apparently it is made by the Ultra team.

DeVS said:
It is made by the same person. I talked to the guy about the ndsgbanet web site and this is what he had to say:

Quote:
www.NDSGBA.net will not down. Since we have a little problems about the software development (The main programmer quit), so we temporary close the forum.

Now we are already out source the programming work into outside company to help us. Once the new updated software is finish, we will re-open the forum. We just give out the hardware and software source code into outside company, we think they need about a week to develop a new software.

We will continue the Ultra Media Card product. The new version of Ultra Media Card is under development (simular product to DSLink). 

Now why didn't they release this product under the Ultra name? Afraid of becoming the next NEO?
And why register the ds-links website under a PO box? hmm.

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to that letter theyre going to release another Ultra product similar to the DS Link, why would they release DS Link then another under the Ultra brand if they're the same company?

ackix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.xdupe.com
XP
Country
France
They really don't seem to be the same company.

Domain registerers are not the same and NDSGBA looks quite crappy (late in software, late in shipping...), whereas Ediy Studio has been in the scene for a long time (GBALink is out for a few years now and they were the first to add ZIP function to their cards and always provided support).

I would be impressed if minionlinestore and their ROM CDs is the same as Ediy Studio
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.