Homebrew DSiWareHax Homebrew Ideas

MlgAllStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hello :) so I thought of some homebrew/tools for DSiWareHax. Because I literally have no idea how to make these. (lol) So anyways here they are: A cartridge save and rom dumper. Because they have SD card and NAND access wouldn't they have cartridge access? That would be a major disappointment if they don't. But if this could be done, then this would be a very good tool for people who don't have the ability to dump a cartridge normally (normal as in using a DS/DS Lite or 3DS cartridge dumper). Another idea is for a BIOSDSI9 and BIOSDSI7 dump tool for No$GBA because we can dump bios7i and bios9i using FWTool and we can dump biosnds7 and biosnds9 from here. Lastly, the last idea is a working SNES emulator that will work with DSiWareHax (most homebrew doesn't work with DSiWareHax because it does not support DLDI patching). If anyone could make these, that would be amazing :D

Reactions: CatmanFan

thom_tl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello :) so I thought of some homebrew/tools for DSiWareHax. Because I literally have no idea how to make these. (lol) So anyways here they are: A cartridge save and rom dumper. Because they have SD card and NAND access wouldn't they have cartridge access? That would be a major disappointment if they don't. But if this could be done, then this would be a very good tool for people who don't have the ability to dump a cartridge normally (normal as in using a DS/DS Lite or 3DS cartridge dumper). Another idea is for a BIOSDSI9 and BIOSDSI7 dump tool for No$GBA because we can dump bios7i and bios9i using FWTool and we can dump biosnds7 and biosnds9 from here. Lastly, the last idea is a working SNES emulator that will work with DSiWareHax (most homebrew doesn't work with DSiWareHax because it does not support DLDI patching). If anyone could make these, that would be amazing :D
DsiWare does'nt have access to cardridge. and a SNES emulator already exists google it.

MlgAllStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
DsiWare does'nt have access to cardridge. and a SNES emulator already exists google it.
I tried the SNES emulators, they just crash and won't work. I had no idea that they didn't have access to the cartridge. Well, if that is true ripppppp

MlgAllStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Then use your flashcard, problem solved.
You obviously have no idea what this is about. This forum is for others, not just for me. Using your flashcard won't help everyone because not everyone has one. None work with DSiWareHax, and that is what I am hoping that someone could achieve. Many people can now run homebrew because of Ugopwn, and some of them don't have a flashcard. I am trying to have a homebrew developer see these ideas so they could create some successful homebrew and satisfy everyone who wants these tools. Another thing is that using the DLDI firm dump tool requires a flashcard, which I should of mentioned.

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
You obviously have no idea what this is about. This forum is for others, not just for me. Using your flashcard won't help everyone because not everyone has one. None work with DSiWareHax, and that is what I am hoping that someone could achieve. Many people can now run homebrew because of Ugopwn, and some of them don't have a flashcard. I am trying to have a homebrew developer see these ideas so they could create some successful homebrew and satisfy everyone who wants these tools. Another thing is that using the DLDI firm dump tool requires a flashcard, which I should of mentioned.
No one is interested in coding for DSi.
Even with Ugopwn, literally none of these people are even attempting to learn to code in effort to port anything over. An idea without someone to even attempt to accomplish it, is useless.
DLDI is only literally useful for a flashcart. The purpose of DLDI is to give homebrew access to the directories on the flashcart's microSD.

MlgAllStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
No one is interested in coding for DSi.
Even with Ugopwn, literally none of these people are even attempting to learn to code in effort to port anything over. An idea without someone to even attempt to accomplish it, is useless.
DLDI is only literally useful for a flashcart. The purpose of DLDI is to give homebrew access to the directories on the flashcart's microSD.
Almost everything people do is useless. Useless could be fun, as it is an experience for people to help them in the future. The purpose of this is a way to have those few developers who give the DSi a chance some ideas to help the many users who want DSiWareHax homebrew and don't own a flashcard or another system.

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Almost everything people do is useless. Useless could be fun, as it is an experience for people to help them in the future. The purpose of this is a way to have those few developers who give the DSi a chance some ideas to help the many users who want DSiWareHax homebrew and don't own a flashcard or another system.
The developers who ARE DEVELOPING for DSi, AREN'T PORTING EMULATORS.
The few developers actually doing anything for DSi are working on getting DS games running from the SD Card, and this is only being done because it's easily portable from the code they were using on the 3DS.

MlgAllStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
The developers who ARE DEVELOPING for DSi, AREN'T PORTING EMULATORS.
The few developers actually doing anything for DSi are working on getting DS games running from the SD Card, and this is only being done because it's easily portable from the code they were using on the 3DS.
As you are assuming, this whole thread is about an SNES emulator... It really isn't. I also stated a ds cartridge dump tool, and a way to get the other two bios files for NO$GBA which are important for DSi modding because you can't test your NAND without them. This isn't the best place to argue, I just want to give ideas, not start something because of an idea of having a working SNES emulator on DSiWareHax.

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
As you are assuming, this whole thread is about an SNES emulator... It really isn't. I also stated a ds cartridge dump tool, and a way to get the other two bios files for NO$GBA which are important for DSi modding because you can't test your NAND without them. This isn't the best place to argue, I just want to give ideas, not start something because of an idea of having a working SNES emulator on DSiWareHax.
Anything related to cartridge literally cannot be done with DSiWareHax because DSiWare doesn't have access to the cartridge slot. The only devs who have access to an exploit allows access to the cartridge slot aren't releasing it currently.
And I'm pretty sure those other bios files can only be dumped by opening up the DSi or something.

Last edited by Deleted member 424658,

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything related to cartridge literally cannot be done with DSiWareHax because DSiWare doesn't have access to the cartridge slot. The only devs who have access to an exploit allows access to the cartridge slot aren't releasing it currently.
And I'm pretty sure those other bios files can only be dumped by opening up the DSi or something.
so just wait for rocket launcher+hiyacfw to arrive sit back and wiat. (one year later) waiting im waiting im waiting (10000 years later) [dead] (wakes up) wah oh yeah waiting.... (the sycle repeates)

MlgAllStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
This isn't what I mean. You said there is a cartridge exploit, but it isn't released. THIS IS WHAT I MEAN. I am saying this stuff ALREADY has been done, just not released. I just want these to be released, or something.
so just wait for rocket launcher+hiyacfw to arrive sit back and wiat. (one year later) waiting im waiting im waiting (10000 years later) [dead] (wakes up) wah oh yeah waiting.... (the sycle repeates)
Ikr I hope this comes out soon, waiting is annoying.

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
This isn't what I mean. You said there is a cartridge exploit, but it isn't released. THIS IS WHAT I MEAN. I am saying this stuff ALREADY has been done, just not released. I just want these to be released, or something.
It'll get released when it gets released. Alternatively, you could go learn how to make the exploit. The dev gave all the information needed to make it aside from the code itself.

ChampionLeake

NTR/TWL Exploiter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, RocketLauncher is a whitelist cart exploit. Allowing arm7 access. HiyaCFW may have a lot of features coming up anyway. If you're talking about a normal DS cartridge(NTR-Mode), they only have cartridge space access meaning very small payoads. If you're talking about a DSi-Enhanced cartridge exploit, they act just like a normal NTR exploit but barely a little more access. These type of exploits (Specifically the DSi-Enhanced/TWL-carts) can grab a consoles' CID information. Heh, I've already done like 3 NTR/TWL exploits :P

Now about a cartridge or save dumper, you can just use your 3DS with CFW to do that. Of course, there are some flashcards that can inject aves or maybe dump them.About dumping a biods9 or 7, just use FWTool. It's already a dump tool so you automatically ge what you need for NO$GBA.

As for a working SNES emulator, with rise of phones and computers, you can just get one off the internet with full speed and sound. Mostly all the SNES games on those devices are supportive. But if you just want it on a DSi, just buy a cheap flashcard. THEY'RE REALLY cheap these days.

MlgAllStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Well, RocketLauncher is a whitelist cart exploit. Allowing arm7 access. HiyaCFW may have a lot of features coming up anyway. If you're talking about a normal DS cartridge(NTR-Mode), they only have cartridge space access meaning very small payoads. If you're talking about a DSi-Enhanced cartridge exploit, they act just like a normal NTR exploit but barely a little more access. These type of exploits (Specifically the DSi-Enhanced/TWL-carts) can grab a consoles' CID information. Heh, I've already done like 3 NTR/TWL exploits :P

Now about a cartridge or save dumper, you can just use your 3DS with CFW to do that. Of course, there are some flashcards that can inject aves or maybe dump them.About dumping a biods9 or 7, just use FWTool. It's already a dump tool so you automatically ge what you need for NO$GBA.

As for a working SNES emulator, with rise of phones and computers, you can just get one off the internet with full speed and sound. Mostly all the SNES games on those devices are supportive. But if you just want it on a DSi, just buy a cheap flashcard. THEY'RE REALLY cheap these days.
FWTool will only give you two of the 6 needed files... I do have a B9S 3DS but I would like to see at least a little more stuff for the DSi than there already is right now...

MlgAllStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
when hiya cfw gets released then i would like a FREESHOP type program
That is a good idea... Similar effects could be made with TWLnf, but there is a VERY big chance of brick using that because of a reason not many people know. If you go into your System Settings, then Data Management, you can see how many blocks you have free. If you have 0 and add an application or add an application too big, it will brick your console.... But I believe there is a cure. In Apache Thunder's videos, you saw him use an auto boot flashcard. Maybe just like a 3DS, that could unbrick DSi's. No guarantee, but with a Freeshop-like Application for HiyaCFW WILL work because HiyaCFW uses your SD card for apps. Good idea :)

Reactions: Swampat

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a good idea... Similar effects could be made with TWLnf, but there is a VERY big chance of brick using that because of a reason not many people know. If you go into your System Settings, then Data Management, you can see how many blocks you have free. If you have 0 and add an application or add an application too big, it will brick your console.... But I believe there is a cure. In Apache Thunder's videos, you saw him use an auto boot flashcard. Maybe just like a 3DS, that could unbrick DSi's. No guarantee, but with a Freeshop-like Application for HiyaCFW WILL work because HiyaCFW uses your SD card for apps. Good idea :)
thx i..... WAIT A MINUTE??? "Similar effects could be made with TWLnf" :toot: you telling me people can already make something like i was talking about? well then.... BOW MY PEOPLE TO DSI HOMEBREW:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded