Hacking DSiWare Downgrade with almost ANY DSiWare Game!

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait I see several games in that list that pull request I own but they don't have a large enough savefile.
Are there savefile differences between the regions?

Not for those I've tested with freeshop for the moment. :huh:

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only noteable thing I saw in the guide is this:
  • The system transfer will only accept the hacked app and save if they do not increase the overall size of each file

I noticed that if you just overwrite the .app of the dsiware game that you purchased, the original size of it wont be changed(9MB will still be 9MB despite of overwrite), although the sudoku.app is just 3MB. But when I tried deleting the original .app and pasting the sudoku.app, obviously the size became 3MB. But still the exploit works. So just a precaution since the guide specifically says the above quoted lines. The Dsiware might not survive the transfer if you delete the .app instead of overwriting it.

D

Deleted User

I saw my sims camera on the list but it only says USA in the region and i have the EU version, does that mean i won't be able to downgrade with it ?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw my sims camera on the list but it only says USA in the region and i have the EU version, does that mean i won't be able to downgrade with it ?
It must be because the .sav or .app is less than the size required? Or not yet been tested? Anyway let me test it for you. Give me a couple of minutes.

Edit:
the .sav of the EUR is only 16kb, that must be the reason

Edit:
weird, they both have 16kb public.sav so I don't know why is it in the list

Last edited by Akira,

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France

You should be able to, fieldrunner was a multi location DSiWare, and it worked.

But wait for the list to be confirmed, or go for SUDOKU as Plailect used it.

D

Deleted User

Remember when Nintendo said the 3DS would be hack/exploit-proof?

Yeah...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

I noticed that if you just overwrite the .app of the dsiware game that you purchased, the original size of it wont be changed(9MB will still be 9MB despite of overwrite), although the sudoku.app is just 3MB. But when I tried deleting the original .app and pasting the sudoku.app, obviously the size became 3MB. But still the exploit works. So just a precaution since the guide specifically says the above quoted lines. The Dsiware might not survive the transfer if you delete the .app instead of overwriting it.
True, but since it is bought you could delete it and redownload from the eShop if you wanted to play it again.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

so can it work on smaller games have you tested

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i wonder if nintedo will do this dsiware will not be available until next system update

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

only way they can patch this i think would to make a firmware update that the old native firm does not work on because they can't pull all the dsiware games down since the games don't have exploits in them and they have no updated the twl really ever so i doubt they would update it to prevent the injection from happing

Ericson

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
REALY NEED SOME HELP WITH THE PART OF INJECTiNG THE SAVEDATA BIN ON THE SAVE FILE. PEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!! OFSMOUNT NOT WORKING... ANY OTHER SOFTWARE TO DO THIS???? I Really want to unlock my 3ds and I need to give my friends 3ds back...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: