Homebrew DSi4DS...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Nice. Takes a while to load, is that normal? Oh, and I had an idea - a Shop Channel. Kinda like the Homebrew Database in DSOrganise, but prettier.

EDIT: Couple of issues. Some of my homebrew doesn't have icons or text, they're just blank boxes, with a blank box above them. But I can launch them. And in the middle there is a random black one that looks like a game cart. What's that one?

Use GameUP homebrew just change the icon to the shop icon
smile.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Too much hassle...and I'd have to turn my DS off and load up DSi4DS again to get back to the menu, and DSi4DS takes AGES to load, for me at least.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Oh good work spinal, I'll probably try this out later in my spare time. Even if it doesn't have the complete features of the DSi menu, it's a pretty damn good replica one of a kind (Apart from the DSi DSision2 theme
tongue.gif
). Keep up the great work bro, this has potential.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
spinal_cord said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
Well, you can't move the icons around by sliding them up and out of their slot and you can't actually boot stuff by just tapping on it, which is frustrating...and the way it scrolls isn't quite right, and that bugs me.
tongue.gif

So what you meant was "It doesn't work EXACTLY like the DSi menu". Saying it works nothing like it, suggest that doesn't even resemble it in any way.

QUOTE(Da-Bomb1 @ Aug 13 2009, 06:18 AM) And should be done with libnds instead of palib.
tongue.gif

Oh, You're one of those people. Now you're gunna have to tell me why.

PALib is a virus, it will kill you in 7 days if you dont kill it first.

seahorsepip

Trophies
Website
seahorsepip.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Normmatt said:
spinal_cord said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
Well, you can't move the icons around by sliding them up and out of their slot and you can't actually boot stuff by just tapping on it, which is frustrating...and the way it scrolls isn't quite right, and that bugs me.
tongue.gif

So what you meant was "It doesn't work EXACTLY like the DSi menu". Saying it works nothing like it, suggest that doesn't even resemble it in any way.

QUOTE(Da-Bomb1 @ Aug 13 2009, 06:18 AM) And should be done with libnds instead of palib.
tongue.gif

PALib is a virus, it will kill you in 7 days if you dont kill it first.

are you crazy "Virus"
wacko.gif
, as it was a virus why does it kill you directly? and a virus dont kill people but software
unsure.gif

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
spinal_cord said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Hey, don't get me wrong, I still think it's pretty awesome...I'm just one of those people who tends to pick at the little things and get distracted from the rest of it.
tongue.gif

...and if you really wanna know, ask WinterMute on #DSDev.
tongue.gif

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I also just say spinal_cord, why do the arrows and the highlight images look very unnatural? It looks like something cut down their palette heavily.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
a2h said:
Can I also just say spinal_cord, why do the arrows and the highlight images look very unnatural? It looks like something cut down their palette heavily.

Its a consequence of making the images by hand. There are a very limited number of DSi screenshots on the web, also thet images need to be recoloured to match whatever colour you have set in your firmware. On top of that, these colours all have to be guessed, as the images can not yet be ripped from the DSi firmware.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
spinal_cord said:
Its a consequence of making the images by hand. There are a very limited number of DSi screenshots on the web, also thet images need to be recoloured to match whatever colour you have set in your firmware. On top of that, these colours all have to be guessed, as the images can not yet be ripped from the DSi firmware.
You might be able to get them if you ask about icon.bin on either dsdev or dsidev. But don't mention you're using palib or prepare to be flamed.
tongue.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Da-Bomb1 said:
spinal_cord said:
You might be able to get them if you ask about icon.bin on either dsdev or dsidev. But don't mention you're using palib or prepare to be flamed.
tongue.gif

Thanks for the tip, but just one question... How did you know I used palib for this?

DsHacker14

Trophies
Website
www.arschacks.com
XP
Country
United States
BUGS? :
I tried it out and for the most part it works good. But when i scroll to the end (left and right ends) if i keep going and going it take a loooooong time for the scroller to come back. Also I have the photo.jpg in the root and it doesnt show up right It has the borders all messed up and in a weird color. Oh yea and one more thing, it doesnt let me fling the boxes around either.

By the way, im using an Acekard2i.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow way to appreciate a homebrew, Da-Bomb1.
Spinal worked hard for this. Wasted hours of his life, heck maybe even months.
He was so damn excited for the world to see his work.
But even so, you would rather criticize the dirt rather than looking at the gold beneath it.

Sorry for the flame.

soulanger goes back to lurking.

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really enjoying this app, but I did have a few issues;

My SCSDOi doesn't seem to autopatch the app, does anyone else have this issue?

I also get some broken bits and pieces, but its not really a matter since its the L and R camera parts, but it doesn't happen often or anything so its not much of an issue.

Thats pretty much it, all else is me enjoying and tricking people xD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated