Hacking DSi XL and DSTWO Worthwhile?

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of finally upgrading to a DSi XL from my DS Lite. The biggest thing holding me back is the loss of GBA game support. So, after looking around I see that the Supercard DSTWO offers GBA emulation...

Now, the big question is: Is the GBA emulation any good? I mean, does it run at full speed? What's the compatibility like?? Blah, blah...

Also, not knowing anything about DSi firmwares or anything, is there anything I should look out for while buying a DSi XL such as troublesome firmwares or other potential issues? Do all DS games run on a DSi with DSTWO?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think perfectly is going a bit overboard. it plays most games, and a large number of them at fullspeed, but last time i heard, there were still games with slowdowns (the usual suspects such as golden sun and fire emblem) and games that run just short of perfec

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
get a 3ds, or 3ds xl
dsi doesn't worth it.. unless you want to play ds games on a bigger screen, the screen on the 3ds for ds games is a little blurry..

if its not to play ds games on a bigger screen, IMHO a ds lite is way better than a dsi... because of gba slot...

gba emulation on flashcarts got some issues, the speed of datra transfer of a real gba cart is a lot faster than the data from a ds cart, and some games got issues because of this...

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skip the DSi XL. Stay with the DS Lite and get a GBA flashcart. But the best way to play GBA games is with a backlit GBA SP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night