Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

even tho it says (china) in the usa list on nus?
Yeah, it's definitely version 4. I don't know why NUSD says that in its database. Perhaps versions before it don't exist for the Chinese version? :unsure:
At any rate, the Chinese version would be 484E4C43. The 45 denotes it as being the American version.

Reactions: MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's definitely version 4. I don't know why NUSD says that in its database. Perhaps versions before it don't exist for the Chinese version? :unsure:
At any rate, the Chinese version would be 484E4C43. The 45 denotes it as being the American version.
it is the right one. it just says china.
ds blacklist, homemenu, system settings, and version data are downgraded. time to test it in no$gba.

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now it boots to:
error: 2-2435-8325
its progress i suppose.
its clean nand now
Huh. DSiBrew lists 1-2435-8325 and 3-2435-8325, but not 2-2435-8325. o_o
Are you sure you appended your CID and ConsoleID correctly to the bottom of the dump? Remember, your ConsoleID has to be byteswapped in the footer (but not the CID).

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Huh. DSiBrew lists 1-2435-8325 and 3-2435-8325, but not 2-2435-8325. o_o
Are you sure you appended your CID and ConsoleID correctly to the bottom of the dump? Remember, your ConsoleID has to be byteswapped in the footer (but not the CID).
yes. i changed every 2 bytes in reverse for console id and not the cid

or whatever two characters is equal to

i might just end up waiting for the flipnote studio downgrade method :/ i think i fucked up somewhere and i cant tell where :/

upload_2017-8-3_21-13-13.png

i give up :/

weirdly i could get the one i made earlier to boot sorta.

Reactions: Friendsxix

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I've tried deliberately sabotaging my footer, and whether it's the console ID or CID that's screwed up, I only get error 1-2435-8325 from NO$GBA. I'm guessing that your NAND dump might be bad?
Have you tried taking several dumps and checking to make sure they match? If not, HxD has a great comparison feature (Analysis > File-compare > Compare...).

If you get multiple matching dumps, I'd double-check your wiring, or try dumping it through software means. Not that I advocate using leaked tools, but shutterbug2000's exploit ugopwn (Flipnote Studio) was leaked by the ever-so-subtle ryanrocks462, and does function with fwTool. (Even if you don't trust it to flash a NAND dump, you could use it to verify dumps taken via hardmod.)

I'm still unable to find what the error code means. I did, however, find someone complaining about the same error on actual hardware (scroll to the bottom).
Based on the DSiBrew page for the bootloader, I'd guess that it's an error related to parsing the filesystem?
According to the DSiBrew page, this is the boot process for Stage2 (the part of the boot process that is failing in NO$GBA):
After Stage 2 is loaded:

1. The NAND flash is partially re-initialized
  2. Sector 0 is read from the NAND. This appears to be an (encrypted) DOS-style MBR.
  3. The MBR signature and the type of the first partition are verified.
  4. Filesystem metadata is read from sectors starting around 0x100000. The metadata is in FAT16 format with long filenames.
  5. Multiple files are loaded from the filesystem. The exact read addresses will vary depending on your DSi's firmware version and the state of its filesystem when you performed the last firmware update. On a brand new DSi, it appears that the DSi Menu itself is loaded from 0xb20000 after two small metadata files are read from 0xb1c000 and 0x7a0000.
Error 1-2435-8325 apparently means the MBR signature or type of the first partition are invalid (step 3).
Error 3-2435-8325 apparently means the DSi Menu's signature is invalid (step 5?).

So, I guess it stands to reason that 2-2435-8325 means there's a failure in step 4 or early step 5? If your CID or ConsoleID were bad, the MBR would be decrypted to garbage -- causing 1-2435-8325, and not 2-2435-8325...
(This is all conjecture; I could be horribly off-mark. :unsure:)

Last edited by Friendsxix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm