Homebrew DSi homebrew loader ideas

Les

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idea 1: (I heard this somewhere else) Most of you know LetterBomb is an exploit in the Wii Message Board to launch the HackMii installer and install the homebrew channel, So could there be a flipnote file that could crash the app and load an installer to install a homebrew loader?

Idea 2: (Also heard this somewhere else) You can a use Nintendo Wi-Fi USB adapter and a program like Fiddler 2 (http://fiddler2.com/) for computer to find out the address the the DSi shop connects to and use the proxy settings to point it somewhere else. (This was originally to use proxy on the DSi but the DSi Shop doesn't support proxy settings)

This is my first post so if I seemed dumb or I violated the rules (I did read them.) let me know and I'll change or remove it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Flipnote is definitely a no, it's been looked at by members of the DSibrew community. I have a few ideas myself that I'm looking into at the moment though, although they'll probably lead nowhere.

Les

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, really didn't know about the flipnote one, but I saw it on the DSibrew website or something similar. I really think the proxy one could work but it's cheaper to buy a flash cartridge than Nintendo Wi-Fi USB adapter, but (This may only be on the Action Replay) the contacts on flash carts aren't aligned with the ones on Nintendo approved cartridges causing the card slot to mess up and there can be problems on the board inside the card that could brick the system or make the card not work. But then again using an ad hoc (pc tp pc) network could work.

Les

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redirect the shop to install homebrew or homebrew loaders with out using flash cartridges or other things.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DSi has 3 or 4 exploits.
Their all patched.
Not only that but the DSi offers barely any improvement over the DS.
Those with a hacked DSi are lucky, those without, well... to bad.

Devs moved on to the 3DS now.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DSi has 3 or 4 exploits.
Their all patched.
Not only that but the DSi offers barely any improvement over the DS.
Those with a hacked DSi are lucky, those without, well... to bad.

Devs moved on to the 3DS now.
Every DSi with 4.3 and earlier is hackable with the CycloDS iEvo. I think that that are at least 60% of the DSi' avaible.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Every DSi with 4.3 and earlier is hackable with the CycloDS iEvo. I think that that are at least 60% of the DSi' avaible.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not hacking.
That's just plugging in a flashcard.

Granted you get DSi access, but it won't allow for code execution off off the SD card.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not hacking.
That's just plugging in a flashcard.

Granted you get DSi access, but it won't allow for code execution off off the SD card.
It's based on Yellows8's savegame exploit (which works until 1.4.3, too). But none of them as SD card access since it's not possible to access the DS slot and the SD card with one program.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's based on Yellows8's savegame exploit (which works until 1.4.3, too). But none of them as SD card access since it's not possible to access the DS slot and the SD card with one program.

That's what I just said.
It won't allow for code execution.
Which means that it's not classified as hacked.

it just uses the savegame exploit to boot itself into DSi mode to give DSi games the DSi features.
It won't allow for enhanced emulators, nor the extra RAM+CPU speed for actual homebrew. (correct me if I'm wrong on that)
Besides, many if not all CycloDSI users just use the card for piracy anyway.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it just uses the savegame exploit to boot itself into DSi mode to give DSi games the DSi features.
It won't allow for enhanced emulators, nor the extra RAM+CPU speed for actual homebrew. (correct me if I'm wrong on that)
Besides, many if not all CycloDSI users just use the card for piracy anyway.
Many DSi enhanced games use the extra RAM and it's possible for homebrew, too (look at the sandbox engine).
I don't use my iEvo for piracy since I don't use it at all :P

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Many DSi enhanced games use the extra RAM and it's possible for homebrew, too (look at the sandbox engine).
I don't use my iEvo for piracy since I don't use it at all :P

Well, like I said, correct me if I'm wrong ;p
Never to old to learn something.
Thing is tho, the DSi it self remains unhacked.
That's why it's not an actual hack ;]
Just a trick to think the DSI it's booting a DSI game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.