DSi firmware 1.4 blocks flashcards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure it's just bug fixes, facebook uploading support and a slightly faster version of the browser. Nothing to get too excited about...the DSi's camera is mostly useless anyway, I find. Not to hard to find this info if you just looked for a bit.
tongue.gif

nonnonnon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
well now we can start ( we have already begun) speculating in when the teams will release a fix and who will be first. my bet is the m3 team
biggrin.gif

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well, I just moved my Opera channel, and DSiware shop channel far out of the way in case I accidently clicked them by mistake. I guess I should be OK assuming I don't manually select an update or receive one via a future DS game cart?

This kinda stuff always makes me nervous, because all of a sudden I have this button I shouldn't press that is on my DS. I guess it's the price I have to pay to use flashcarts. I just know there will be some really awesome DSiware that gets released later on and makes me wish I had updated.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
well this was bound to happen good think i haven't bought a dsi yet.
and even if the dsi flash carts get un blocked and nintendo makes mandatory updated you can simpily delete your wifi settings then there is no such thing as a mandatory update.

Mostly true. However, it could end up much like the PSP, in which games required a specific version of the XMB to run. So if you actually want to PLAY certain games, you had no choice in the matter. And while DS Lite users will have no problem with this, given there is no mechanism to update, DSi users could very much have an issue. There's nothing to stop a regular DS cart from querying if it is running on a DS Phat/Lite or a DSi, and forcing a mandatory update to play the game if on a DSi. It doesn't solve all the piracy problems, but it certainly puts a dent in it with DSi owners.

Of course, by doing what they have done, there may be a way to load on custom firmware on the DSi itself, as others have speculated. One must wonder, though, if they have learned lessons from Sony, and possibly sealed up potential avenues to deliver said custom firmware.

The DSi is an enigma right now. It has the potential to be worse than the DS Lite, but also has the potential to be better, if a PSP-like solution comes to fruition. But I can't predict that, nor will I try.

nemrod

Trophies
Website
nemrod.se
XP
Country
Goshogun1 said:
Oh well, I just moved my Opera channel, and DSiware shop channel far out of the way in case I accidently clicked them by mistake. I guess I should be OK assuming I don't manually select an update or receive one via a future DS game cart?

This kinda stuff always makes me nervous, because all of a sudden I have this button I shouldn't press that is on my DS. I guess it's the price I have to pay to use flashcarts. I just know there will be some really awesome DSiware that gets released later on and makes me wish I had updated.
When you go into the channels it will bring you to the settings after which it will ask if it's okay to connect to the Internet and stuff, so it's not like just entering will automatically start the updating process. Unless you're not thinking at all, accidentally going into the channel and getting redirected to the settings and finally accepting the update, nothing will happen.
smile.gif

konel01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so does this mean that when the update hits the US i can't use the web browser anymore or dsi store without updating? that sux. not that i care much about dsiware but what happens if nintendo finally releases a good dsiware game.

casidepro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
konel01 said:
so does this mean that when the update hits the US i can't use the web browser anymore or dsi store without updating? that sux. not that i care much about dsiware but what happens if nintendo finally releases a good dsiware game.
dont worry you can still use the browser cuz it doesnt require you to update.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To be honest, I laughed at a friend of mine today. He bought a AK2i and a DSi (at launch) and rubbed it in my face the day he got them; said he can play KH now, etc.

Sucks for him, now.
tongue.gif

Though, genuinely sad for others that have it. Could always just use it on a older DS.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yep, flipnote will have an exploit where you draw certain symbols on the screen to Flash the DSi's memory!!*
biggrin.gif

and warioware will have a Custom DSi firmware exploit in the level editor!*
laugh.gif

or perhaps you mean the upcoming Legend of Zelda DS Phantom island hack? where there is a secret island that a hacked save will make appear..in visiting it...The save will hack your DSi*!
rolleyes.gif

oh yes...team Twiizers is workin on it!*
happy.gif

*YEAAAA RIGHT!
rofl2.gif

PS : flipnote and Warioware DIY are two awesome DSiWare titles worth updating to.

PSS - brawl for Wii might have a explot in the level editor...OFF TOPIC!
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted_171835

What a funny coincidence!
unsure.gif
At the same day the update was release in Europe, I lost my Acekard 2i.
blink.gif
I`ll purchase a Supercard DSOnei!
yay.gif

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
what shame....this thread is about Nintendo Blocking DSi cards with 4.1 firmware it got 32,00 views!
blink.gif

but the thread about your Digital rights being taken away and possibly being CHARGED to download ANYTHING and the government grasping more towards the "ultimate goal" (which is communism) ..

only got 1,000 views!?
frown.gif

sick...

why don't we make our voice heard there instead of constantly refreashing the thread page here waiting for the next griper and response to this "inconvience"
sleep.gif

because if we don't watch our back on "them"...we might not be able to download ANY ROMS AT ALL!!
ohmy.gif
and this site will be considered "illegal!"
wtf.gif

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yea, maybe not.. (YOUR GOVERNMENT ANYWAY)

from what we know....

but how come the government is starting to run everything? (including possibly health care?)....

sure seems like it....

BACK ON TOPIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE