DSi 1.4.3 is out!

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nimbus said:
Oh...wow...so it actually blocks them for once forgiviness please for doubting it......
rolleyes.gif

Again, I bet 5 awesome cookies that the SuperCard team has a fix by toomorow sometime.
yaynds.gif

Feel free to ridicule, but no one's forcing anyone to update.

D

Deleted-236924

Didn't the first post say the DSTwo was confirmed as working just a little while ago?

machomuu said:
ShadowSoldier said:
So has Nintendo ever came out with a reason as to WHY we should update? I mean, they don't bait us at all. They don't go "well you know, if you update your DSi, we'll give you this free app" or anything like that.
Cave Story is reason enough.
What about those that already have Cave Story?
(But Cave Story 3DS is better anyway.)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Frankly this is nothing but one big dick move.
"This update doesn't actually add anything, but if you like to use a flashcart, we'll punish you by not letting you BUY our DSiWare!"

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nimbus said:
QUOTE said:
This update provides behind-the-scenes improvements to system performance.

Lol we're gonna block your weak flashcards again fail at this miserably, and generally add nothing of any value whatsoever!

Fixed.

I don't have a DSi myself, but it seems like another dick move by Nintendo to release an update for anything that does nothing....oh wait!

Pity those that have flashcarts that no longer work on the new update.
one thing i could never get over was how flash carts ruined online fps for nds.. being a flashcart user i hated playing legit against someone with the name AK2i and hacking the frishizzile out of every online match...granted this would have blocked me also if i kept my dsi or continued to use in my 3ds but it solves the online gaming issue, and hopefully in he future they will learn how to improve online bans for cheating, if there were updates to block only cheats i would be 100% in favor.

D

Deleted-236924

RupeeClock said:
"This update doesn't actually add anything, but if you like to use a flashcart, we'll punish you by not letting you BUY our DSiWare!"
Is there even any good DSiWare?
If there is, then chances are you would already have bought them anyway.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:
Nimbus said:
but it seems like another dick move by Nintendo to release an update for anything that does nothing....oh wait!
Yeah! Shame on Nintendo for protecting their system from pirates! What dicks!

Idiot.

Wish there was a facepalm emoticon right now....I really can't seem to get my real point across to anyone.

I'm not speaking on the side of Pirates, and the fact that their Flashcards dont work now. Thats not the side I really care about.

I'm speaking per the fact that this is yet another update that does nothing significant, if anything at all, and is masked by a lie that it does improve performance. This is unacceptable, at least in my personal oppinion, as thats like Ubuntu releasing an update that changes nothing at all about the OS, but claiming that it halves boot time and makes you use half as much ram. It's just one big blatent lie, and to have people believe it is just more proof that Nintend of America has become abusive and uncaring to their original customer base.

Someone please confirm this for me, this update doesn't make your system any more efficient or faster, does it? I'm gonna feel smug if I'm right on this, and to be honest I suspect that I already am.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
RupeeClock said:
Cave Story, Aura Aura Climber, Castle Defense, Shantae, Mario vs. Donkey Kong...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Am I the only one who thought that they would stop giving a fuck bout the DSi once the 3DS came out?

I think there's probably a multi-pronged approach to this.

1) By enabling more stuff on the DSi/3DS shop, they hope to encourage users to continually update in order to access such material

2) Psychologically this makes updating your handheld a 'routine' thing rather than something you do once a decade if that

3) With the current DSi strategy, they are relying on the selfish nature of the flashcart makers to use UNIQUE icons per cart. This effectively means that you burn several exploits for each update. It would be better if flashcart makers agreed upon which game will work for everyone so that you're not burning 5-10 icons for every firmware update.

4) This incurs an additional inconvenience for the 'hacking consumer'

5) This forces flashcart makers to have people on staff to at least try and update their product every time an update comes out. Before they were just copying something then just letting the units fly out the door as fast as they could assemble them.

6) Forces flashcart makers to waste money if they can't update their products and need to create a new 'line' to sell another product. If you update often enough, then even greedy flashcart makers that make you buy a new one after each update, actually start losing money due to wasted inventory and constant revisions.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even though Team Supercard generally gets fixes out quickly, I have never updated my DSi since I bought it. I just see no reason to; they never give you any actual improvements, just more attempts at blocking flashcards. And since I don't buy any DSiWare anyway, there are literally no advantages to me updating my firmware.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nimbus said:
TDWP FTW said:
Nimbus said:
but it seems like another dick move by Nintendo to release an update for anything that does nothing....oh wait!
Yeah! Shame on Nintendo for protecting their system from pirates! What dicks!

Idiot.

Wish there was a facepalm emoticon right now....I really can't seem to get my real point across to anyone.

I'm not speaking on the side of Pirates, and the fact that their Flashcards dont work now.

I'm speaking per the fact that this is yet another update that does nothing significant, if anything at all, and is masked by a lie that it does improve performance. This is unacceptable, at least in my personal oppinion, as thats like Ubuntu releasing an update that changes nothing at all about the OS, but claiming that it halves boot time and makes you use half as much ram. It's just one big blatent lie.
I understand what your saying, and I think there should be a facepalm for someone calling something as trivial as that a "dick move".

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFFFFF I have to send my XL in. Oh wait, this means I can laugh at all the retards who bought the cheap cards that no longer work. Oh SHI- they'll spam us for a fix. This isn't lulzy at all.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
RupeeClock said:

There's a lot more good DSiWare than you give credit for, it's just that it's released so rarely, sadly.

And actually, Europe has to wait even longer to get the good stuff. We had to wait a long time for Shantae to arrive, and we still have to wait for Cave Story and Inchworm Animation.

Inchworm actually has some development time ahead of it I think, but Cave Story, apparently, has been in the queue for release for weeks now, even months.

Nintendo's release model for new content is despairing, a couple of items on a weekly schedule, and all at Nintendo's discretion.
To compete with a real online model like the App Store or Android market, where new content is always added...ugh.

QUOTE(Thesolcity @ Jun 30 2011, 04:48 AM)
FFFFFF I have to send my XL in. Oh wait, this means I can laugh at all the retards who bought the cheap cards that no longer work. Oh SHI- they'll spam us for a fix. This isn't lulzy at all.
Speaking of which, has the M3i Zero even had a compatibility update for DSi 1.4.2 or the latest 3DS firmwares?
Can the cart be considered truly dead now? Good riddance if so.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Didn't Smiths say something about there only being a handful of DS games that can be spoofed? Maybe the N knows this and wants to force flashcard teams to run out of games they can use.

Another possibility is that this update was primarily intended for stabilizing the DSiWare transfer feature and the N said "What the hell" and threw in some AP for good measure.

so many possibilities . . .

Thesolcity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what I don't understand? In the whole holy hell of DSi updates, I've never seen the Action Replay DSi blocked. Although as far as I know, it spoofs a game just like any DSi flashcard. Why is this? Or am I dead wrong about the set ups of Flashcards and Action Replay DSi's?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Thesolcity said:
You know what I don't understand? In the whole holy hell of DSi updates, I've never seen the Action Replay DSi blocked. Although as far as I know, it spoofs a game just like any DSi flashcard. Why is this? Or am I dead wrong about the set ups of Flashcards and Action Replay DSi's?
Maybe Nintendo doesn't want to upset Gamestop, who sells ARdsi's

Thesolcity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Thesolcity said:
Maybe Nintendo doesn't want to upset Gamestop, who sells ARdsi's

I'm surprised no one has copied it too.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
Probably because it's sold retail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse