stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
UGH...are we going to have to go through the same godawfully long wait in order to get a fix for Acekard?...or is it possible they have run out of games?
unsure.gif

sevenisyellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
sevenisyellow said:
I have an R4i 3DS (r4idsn.com) and I've tried updates both from their site and filetrip, and no matter how I do it, I always get the Chessmaster icon and it doesn't work on my DSi 1.4.3.
Pretty much everyone who is getting it working seems to have the Spongebob icon, but I can't get it to be anything but Chessmaster.

According to the r4idsn site, it is a proper 3DS one, because it used to have Meet the Robinsons as the icon. The update says it works and everything, but it doesn't. Help!!
Did you try the patch at the bottom of this page? http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html
The one named and dated "3DS V2.0.0-2 Patch for R4i gold 3DS. (Jun. 11th,2011)" I think this is the spongebob patch.

Edit: If your card came in 3DS labled box but had a non-3DS sticker it is probably still a 3DS card and will take the 3DS update.

This update is for the R4i Gold, not the R4idsn.
Since I had my girlfriend's flash cart on hand, I tried this update anyway and (as expected), it bricked my card. I just used her card to unbrick it with the chessmaster update, but it still doesn't work on my 1.4.3 DSi.

I also emailed the support address that the guy on the previous page recommended but I haven't gotten a response yet.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to sound noobish but I real don't feel like ploughing through 15 pages. I know there is not an update for AK2i yet, but has there been any news on the matter? AFAIK they haven't even said something like 'we're waiting until summer update' or w/e.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
sorry to sound noobish but I real don't feel like ploughing through 15 pages. I know there is not an update for AK2i yet, but has there been any news on the matter? AFAIK they haven't even said something like 'we're waiting until summer update' or w/e.
This' the latest news on the matter from their website.
QUOTEPlease do not update your DSi to 1.4.3

Please do not update your DSi to 1.4.3 until we release update file for Ak2i. Thank you.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Better wait and see. This sounds a bit too promising in my ears...

Maybe they'll simply copy Datel's solution (Game & Watch Collection). We just have to wait and see what they're going to offer.

jamiem1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone else got a R4 Gold 3DS card (r4ids.cn) that doesn't work on dsi 1.4.3?

Mine shows up as chessmaster, not spongebob as the other ones that work seem to,

Many thanks

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Bowser-jr said:
Wait, the CycloDS iEvolution will only work in DSi-mode and not DS-mode? How does that even work out; don't really understand...

The loader for DS mode was blocked, but the DSi loader was not. The iEvo requires a separate loader for DSi mode.

Thanks for answer my question.

spoonmanx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
Nathanaël said:
Yes, there are news.
blink.gif

Don't you guys read the Acekard forum??

http://www.akds-forum.com/index.php?topic=...msg1515#msg1515

Ahh thank you! Sounds promising. (I think I understood the translation
tongue.gif
).

Does anyone have any idea what a "permanent upgrade" could actually be? Some sort of ID spoofer or something?

From Shadow666's post

From Chinese to English translation:
New support for DSi 1.4.3 upgrade package is confirmed to be postponed until next week to release, AK team is considering to make the upgrade package to support a permanent upgrade, if successful, may later do not need to upgrade every time a new package of such This difficulty is not small, they will do our best to overcome the difficulty, if unsuccessful, will next week announce a new upgrade package for players to use, please be patient for a few more days, thank you

M3RK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darkartsgfx.com
XP
Country
spoonmanx said:
Wizerzak said:
Nathanaël said:
Yes, there are news.
blink.gif

Don't you guys read the Acekard forum??

http://www.akds-forum.com/index.php?topic=...msg1515#msg1515

Ahh thank you! Sounds promising. (I think I understood the translation
tongue.gif
).

Does anyone have any idea what a "permanent upgrade" could actually be? Some sort of ID spoofer or something?

From Shadow666's post

From Chinese to English translation:
New support for DSi 1.4.3 upgrade package is confirmed to be postponed until next week to release, AK team is considering to make the upgrade package to support a permanent upgrade, if successful, may later do not need to upgrade every time a new package of such This difficulty is not small, they will do our best to overcome the difficulty, if unsuccessful, will next week announce a new upgrade package for players to use, please be patient for a few more days, thank you

Maybe something along the lines of priiloader but for DS,lets hope it is

sevenisyellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I don't know if anyone else found this yet but the people from r4idsn emailed me back and sent me a link to this update:
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=25689

It's weird that this isn't the one hosted on their official site, but I just tried it and it worked. My R4i 3DS is now working on my DSiXL 1.4.3, so this should work for any of you who bought cards labeled with 3DS from r4idsn.com.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE