Homebrew DSCreator - New DS Game Maker...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy506

Some dude.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
I was working on an app to make DS games for a while called DSCreator, but it is a failure so what the heck lets upload.

It compiles and converts each graphic
, in the Graphics folder, the graphics you put in there are the ACTUAL name (_Sprite, _Pal)

I used VB 2008 Express with inspiration from our friend James.
The save/load does not work and some menu item can't be clicked.

But there is every single PAlib function in one combo box, and Common functions, too.
I was mainly using my creation for personal needs, but I'll share it with the world now.
Also, the Audio's don't work.

Screenshot:

untitled.PNG

Download:

http://www.flowbolt.com/NDSCreator.exe

PS: LOTS of bugs, need PAlib installed.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
You should take better care about your identity Steve, this sort of thing can ruin lives. Try to cover the name at least.
13423140.png
Steve (and his friend Roberto for that matter) is a pretty common name.
However, combined with his online name might provide a bit more info... though I doubt it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Steve? See - he can't even complete his name.

At least he doesn't cut off mid sent-

Anyway, um, well, it's always nice to have more options for homebrew creation, I guess...

But dude, seriously, you need to finish projects instead of starting one, doing some of it, and never picking it up again. Commit, man!

jeremy506

Some dude.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Haha. It is funny how you all jump to comclusions over a simple instance.

This is my Dad's computer, Steve is his name.
Also, why would I lie about my name ?
unsure.gif

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
matthew123 said:
I wish you had finished it as I simply cannot buy ds game maker
Lol pretty sure one of the IRC users here hacked DSgamemaker to make it free just to have some fun
tongue.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
matthew123 said:
Lol pretty sure one of the IRC users here hacked DSgamemaker to make it free just to have some fun
tongue.gif
Actually I heard that there was a specific someone (nin-something) that seems to have a slight vendetta against the maker of DSGameMaker that hacks the program and distributes it.
The only real problem I have with DSGameMaker is the fact that people that want to help the homebrewing community (without the coding experience) have to pay 10-12 dollars to spend countless hours working on something that those very people are probably going to willingly give out for free. That sort of deters those people that can't code for squat (me xD) from being able to do anything for the homebrew community unless I first spent countless weeks learning how to code and then countless months to make something.
I was sort of hoping that DSCreator was going to be a program made from spite or something, then it actually might have been completed, better than DSGameMaker, and free. I should always remember to "aim for the ground," you can't miss if you aim for the ground -_-".

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
zeromac said:
matthew123 said:
tongue.gif
Actually I heard that there was a specific someone (nin-something) that seems to have a slight vendetta against the maker of DSGameMaker that hacks the program and distributes it.
The only real problem I have with DSGameMaker is the fact that people that want to help the homebrewing community (without the coding experience) have to pay 10-12 dollars to spend countless hours working on something that those very people are probably going to willingly give out for free. That sort of deters those people that can't code for squat (me xD) from being able to do anything for the homebrew community unless I first spent countless weeks learning how to code and then countless months to make something.
I was sort of hoping that DSCreator was going to be a program made from spite or something, then it actually might have been completed, better than DSGameMaker, and free. I should always remember to "aim for the ground," you can't miss if you aim for the ground -_-".
Ah but you forget
' if you aim for the ground, you'll never get to the sky'
lecture.gif

jeremy506

Some dude.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Well generally my program is easier than manual. You have the main.c to the right, and the resources to the left. The compile runs the PAgfx system and the build.bat after, easy all around.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skullcollector said:
Well generally my program is easier than manual. You have the main.c to the right, and the resources to the left. The compile runs the PAgfx system and the build.bat after, easy all around.

But it doesn't save or load. Kinda counterintuitive don't cha think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup