Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only is Pokémon Battle Revolution the first Wii Wi-Fi title (finally, jesus Nintendo take your time why dont you!) but its also the first to use the DS as an extra controller.

Nintendo told CVG: "There will be games that take advantage of a connection between DS and Wii. The first game to do this is Pokemon Battle Revolution."

"In Pokemon Battle Revolution, players can port characters from Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl via the DS and use their Nintendo DS units as controllers," explained Nintendo.

Apparently thats news just announced today but I'm sure I heard about this last year.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should also make it possible to use the DS as controller for VC games (just not for N64).
I had this dream where the DS could be used as a alternative controller for VC games and in it I could see the VC game on my DS while my missus watched Emmerdale, and then everyone started eating icecream. Now that would be kinda nice!

Would be nice for SNES titles and other games that have more buttons than the Wiimote, just as a free extra perhaps.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What'd be nice is using the Wii as an access point for DS wifi. This way, my Wii could be set to use WPA encryption, and the DS could connect directly to the Wii and tunnel its connection through there, instead of having to dumb down my entire network to WEP.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Building on what jhoff said, it would be nice for any DS to be able to connect to any Wii with out needing a WEP/WAP key. It would obviously only allow connection to wifi game play and the wii would limit the amount of connections to ensure that peoples bandwidth isn't stolen! Then of course, wii's could also send demos etc to the DS =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...