Homebrew ds screen protector?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe that you have to replace the whole LCD to do this (I haven't actually opened mine up, but this is judging from images of dismantled DSLs)

Bali

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A DSL screen would put you back around $30 tops, so it's worth spending a few bucks on a screen protector just so you don't need to get a replacement screen in the near future.

e_man

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
are hori ones hard to remove if they get damaged or something? what happens to the gameplay when the ds touchpad gets scrached? and how often do you have to change the screen protectors, if at all?

Lurick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never, ever used a screen protector ... I'm coming up on my first year as a DS owner (original and Lite, when it came out), and I'm still absolutely scratch free. Smudges pop up, but they're cleanable.

So long as you're not an utter jackass in the way that you play (one of these people that pound buttons as hard as they can when they get excited, as if that'll make your character jump higher or hit harder), you should be absolutely fine. Saying that you "have" to have one is complete bunk. It's nice to have, to be sure, and I've thought about it more than once ... but I have notoriously shaky hands, and it's very hard for me to apply these things without air bubbles.

Frankly, I prefer it without.

m|kk|

Trophies
Website
www.mikki.com
XP
Country
United States
Hori Hori Hori
happy.gif

I scratched my screen before I used a protector, so now I use a Hori one so that I don't feel the scratch on my screen with the stylus. I can't see it either with the protector on. So, it's good for masking existing scratches too
tongue.gif

eseyo1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with several people here. Dust and dirt may get caught underneath your stylus. Try beating Elite Beat Agents all the way through without scratching your screen. It's impossible. I've had a good experience using Hori screen protectors though. Saved me when I played through Elite Beat Agents. They are easily replaceable as well.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I must add that action loop has officially ruined the part of my touch screen where u flick the balls out. i love that game but I feel my DS lite is horribly scarred =( in other games, that small area is noticeably "gritty". im going to get some screen protectors ASAP to prevent further damage.

quadomatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hori screen protectors are great. The touch screen protector will break eventually though. I don't think it's really necessary though. As long as you use the nintendo stylus it won't scratch.

My screen protector broke after about 6 months

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just got Hori screen protectors about a month ago for mine after a run in with dirt under stylus scratch action. They really do give peace of mind when playing DS games that may make you paranoid of leaving scratches behind. Of course, my two nasties came from flicking Meteos upward.

Using the official styli of course.

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have hori screen protectors now but now i wondered: how can i replace them? how can i remove them again from the actual screen?
i dont know if the manual says something about it its all in japanese

heliuscc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Remove by sticking some scotch tape on them and pulling them off. Martin Fields screen protector works way better than the hori ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.