Gaming DS RPG List

GranolaBar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the detailed list! Keep em adding!
yaynds.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andrew89 said:
awesome list bortz
Why thank you
/bows

Sebastian said:
Away Shuffle Dungeon
Infinite Space
Nostalgia
Ragnarok
SMT Strange Journey

sry, i only kown those...all..
hateps3.gif

Can i help you?

QUOTE(Fel @ May 19 2011, 08:53 AM)
Hey, wasn't this thread stickied before?

And SMT: Strange Journey is still in the Traditional Turned-Based RPG section instead of Dungeon Crawling, could you move it over there?
smile.gif

Yeah dont worry about it! Its right here
biggrin.gif

http://gbatemp.net/t282511-nintendo-ds-essentials-index
And sure. Moved.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
Fel said:
Hey, wasn't this thread stickied before?

And SMT: Strange Journey is still in the Traditional Turned-Based RPG section instead of Dungeon Crawling, could you move it over there?
smile.gif

Yeah dont worry about it! Its right here
biggrin.gif

http://gbatemp.net/t282511-nintendo-ds-essentials-index
And sure. Moved.
Awesome! Good idea, at least that way it won't be oversticked. Though...I've just had a look at the the first post and it's still the same? It even says it was last updated on Jan 18th. And there are some other good tips which aren't on your list yet on the previous two pages, like Inazuma Eleven or Radiant Historia.
smile.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Tale is a modern-Castlevania-style sidescrolling/RPG hybrid.

Also, Retro Game Challenge contains a traditional Dragon Warrior-style NES-like RPG, though you'll have to play other games to unlock it.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Fel, thanks for policing the list while i was gone.
Also, where should "Radiant Historia" go? I put it under Traditional, but i mean i feels almost like mega man battle network...
unsure.gif
Ive only watched a trailer. so i dont know.

Jiro2 said:
How about breaking the list into games that are in English and games that are not?

How bout no. Ha any games the are ONLY Japan have a little (J) marking after them.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Be welcome. There's a good review of SMT: Strange Journey here, on Gamespot, so you can add that to the game. Though why isn't it in the dungeon crawling section yet? Like Etrian Odyssey it has turn-based combat and is focused on exploration of maps, though they are automatically filled out. They look even exactly the same like in EO, they only have blue colour scheme and have more symbols for things on the map (plus they're both done by Atlus and listed on wiki as dungeon crawls).
smile.gif

Hm, what about putting Radiant Historia in the traditional turned based section, but adding in brackets that it uses 3x3 grid? You can't move around in real time around like in Megaman Battle Network, it's all turn-based, though the grid affects certain things, like proximity equals more damage. Then there's Inazuma Eleven, which is action football RPG, so maybe it would fit into the action RPGs section, as you level up your characters and get new items for them, which in turns affects their performance in the match, which is real time and controlled by the stylus and subject to statistics like in RPGs. To quote wikipedia, "The result of any of his players' actions are determined by seven skills, the player's affinity, and the total number of players participating in an action." You even gain XPs for matches.

And of course, Dragon Quest VI has been released in the USA and Europe, plus Tales of Innocence has had a compete translation patch done last summer while Saga 2 has had its finished a few months back.

To make it easier and more structured:
SMT: Strange Journey (Dungeon Crawler)
Dragon Quest VI - Realms of Reverie (UK) or Realms of Revelation (USA) (turn-based)
Radiant Historia (turn-based with a 3x3 grid)
Inazuma Eleven (action RPG, game constituting of two parts: exploration and matches)
Saga 2 - complete unofficial translation by Crimson Nocturnal (turn-based)
Tales of Innocence - add complete unofficial translation by Absolute Zero
Maplestory (action rpg) - partial translation patch by someone, I've just browsed the thread briefly in romhacking section.

Partial RPGs /all of them are (dating sims with micromanagement and stats)/
Love Plus - partial translation by jjewel (for boys)
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side Love Plus - complete translation by jjewel (yes, this one is different and it's for girls)
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd Kiss/Season - complete translation by Inori and PhoenixGoddess and others, should we call it for simplicity just Gokusashiki? It's the name of their blog where they worked on the project and released it.

The list is probably not complete, I may have forgotten about some of the newer titles or partial translation patches that have come out.
smile.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
Be welcome. There's a good review of SMT: Strange Journey here, on Gamespot, so you can add that to the game. Though why isn't it in the dungeon crawling section yet? Like Etrian Odyssey it has turn-based combat and is focused on exploration of maps, though they are automatically filled out. They look even exactly the same like in EO, they only have blue colour scheme and have more symbols for things on the map (plus they're both done by Atlus and listed on wiki as dungeon crawls).
smile.gif
lol i swear i moved that

Hm, what about putting Radiant Historia in the traditional turned based section, but adding in brackets that it uses 3x3 grid? You can't move around in real time around like in Megaman Battle Network, it's all turn-based, though the grid affects certain things, like proximity equals more damage. Then there's Inazuma Eleven, which is action football RPG, so maybe it would fit into the action RPGs section, as you level up your characters and get new items for them, which in turns affects their performance in the match, which is real time and controlled by the stylus and subject to statistics like in RPGs. To quote wikipedia, "The result of any of his players' actions are determined by seven skills, the player's affinity, and the total number of players participating in an action." You even gain XPs for matches. Turnbased for RH and Action for IE

And of course, Dragon Quest VI has been released in the USA and Europe, plus Tales of Innocence has had a compete translation patch done last summer while Saga 2 has had its finished a few months back.

To make it easier and more structured:
SMT: Strange Journey (Dungeon Crawler) Done
Dragon Quest VI - Realms of Reverie (UK) or Realms of Revelation (USA) (turn-based) Done
Radiant Historia (turn-based with a 3x3 grid) Done
Inazuma Eleven (action RPG, game constituting of two parts: exploration and matches) Done
Saga 2 - complete unofficial translation by Crimson Nocturnal (turn-based) um what? can you explain a little more?
Tales of Innocence - add complete unofficial translation by Absolute Zero Added
Maplestory (action rpg) - partial translation patch by someone, I've just browsed the thread briefly in romhacking section.

Partial RPGs /all of them are (dating sims with micromanagement and stats)/
Love Plus - partial translation by jjewel (for boys)
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side Love Plus - complete translation by jjewel (yes, this one is different and it's for girls)
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd Kiss/Season - complete translation by Inori and PhoenixGoddess and others, should we call it for simplicity just Gokusashiki? It's the name of their blog where they worked on the project and released it.
Can you link me to the other ones that need translation patches?
The list is probably not complete, I may have forgotten about some of the newer titles or partial translation patches that have come out.
smile.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quoting is broken for me in Firefox, so here's my quoteless reply.
biggrin.gif

SMT: SJ - hehe, maybe it didn't want to be moved.
biggrin.gif

Saga 2 - it's the DS remake of Final Fantasy Legend II, it got translated by Crimson Nocturnal, but they shut down a month ago or so. There was a huge debate about it in the romhacking section. The patch is available here on Filetrip.
Maplestory - translation thread with partial patch here
Inazuma Eleven REDUB - including names and graphics, plus an additional match after you finish the game here
Love Plus - partial translation here
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side Love Plus - complete translation here
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd Kiss/Season- complete translation here

You can also check out the translation index thread, there's quite a number of various partial RPG translation patches - though most of them are quite old, so I haven't attempted to link them here. I've added only the most recent RPG patches and games that I know about.
smile.gif
People can sift through the thread themselves anyway, so you can perhaps add it to the first post and tell them to look through it, since most of them are partial patches anyway (like menu or one chapter from the whole game).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple