Gaming DS Lite L5 and L6 inductors

• Thread starter Deleted-236924
  • Start date
  • Views 2,438
  • Replies 0
D

Deleted-236924

OP
(and another inductor I'm not sure about the name of because it doesn't say on the motherboard)

I've been given a DS lite to take a look at and see if I could fix it. I have identified the problem, but I don't know if I can fix it, or how I would fix it, rather.

On the motherboard:
iDbRVpt.jpg

The inductors in question (flipped them over):
ijYggIV.jpg

I am not sure if it would be possible to re-use those same inductors that have fallen off, or if I would have to buy new ones and replace them onto the motherboard. It looks as if it would be a really difficult soldering job, and I can't really solder myself, but I might be able to find someone else who can. But I'm not really sure how soldering those back on would work is the problem.

It seems the inductors took away some of the trace on the connectors when they fell off, looking at the back of the inductors I was able to identify which one was where by matching was stayed on the back of the inductors with the marks on the actual connectors.

Is there a possibility of fixing it? Would I be able to re-use those same inductors or would new ones have to be purchased? Are the connectors on the motherboard done because some of the gold layer on them was peeled off?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb