Hacking DS Lite Black not supposed to break?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just swapped my white dslite with a cracked hinge for a black dslite with a dirty smokers yellow bottom screen... wish I'd kept my cracked white dslite now
frown.gif

GeneralLeoFF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I worked in plastic injection molding for a job when I was in high school. It was crappy dull work but I made $11 an hour while all my Buddy's got minimum wage flipping burgers. Mostly I made automotive stuff and plenty of frisbee's and every now and then model kits.

Black plastic really is stronger then colored plastic but white plastic is just about as strong. Most of the time colored plastic (red, blue, green, whatever) consist of white plastic pellets mixed with softer colored pellets designed to melt and color the plastic. Those end up weaker as a result. It also depends on the type of plastic used as well. But I'm no expert on the matter. I just happen to have a little experience.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It shouldn't come down to whether black plastic is stronger than coloured plastics, or not, that shouldn't even come into it. The real fact is that it comes down to there being a serious flaw in the dslite's design, which Nintendo need to address, and fast.

tker333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
yep, my black ds lite has a yellowish tint on the touch screen.....went back to the shop to exchange but all the black ds lites have this yellow tint as well. Guess ill have to live with it =(

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, white DS Lites crack, black DS Lites have a yellowish screen. There's bound to be an issue with the blue one as well, only noone noticed this one yet. In the end, the only DS Lite without issues is the pink DS Lite
wink.gif

But I'm man enough to own a pink game console
biggrin.gif

So I'm buying a pink one
laugh.gif

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
I have got a black one, no yellow screen on that and my brother in law has a white one... with a yellow screen. It seems that it doesn't matter which version it is, they are all very vulnerable.

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, god fucking dammit. My black/"Onyx" DS Lite has the stupid-shit yellow touchscreen issue. Not as bad as some of the others I've seen with the problem, but it's pretty fucking distracting -- especially for as often as the DS ends up displaying two white screens (hell, pretty much all of Brain Age). This probably wouldn't have even bothered me if this was my first DS Lite, but I'm coming from a Polar White unit that didn't have the problem, which makes this absolutely pants-shittingly inexcusable and all-the-more noticeable.

Is it a petty gripe? Sure, a little. But I had to take a hit on selling my white DS Lite just to "upgrade" to an Onyx system because they couldn't be bothered to release it in the first place -- so as someone who's bought this revision of the system twice now, I feel like I should be treated even better. The shittiest part is that I purchased a Best Skins Ever skin for my DS Lite, and you can't remove it without stretching it out and ruining it. I called Nintendo and they agreed to repair/replace my system, but when I asked if they could be sure not to trash the skin they told me to remove it before sending my system in because I probably won't get it back. So, I get to spend an extra $13.00 on a new BSE because they couldn't produce the fucking handheld correctly in the first place. Since I have FlashMe installed on my shit, I guess I have to run "unflashme" or whatever the hell if I even want to send it in. And on top of all that, they'll probably send me a fucking refurb back! Christ, this sucks.

Again, I realize that this is going to sound really petty to a lot of folks reading this, but come the fuck on. Counting my original fatty DS, this is the third time I've bought this damn thing. At the risk of sounding all high-'n'-mighty, Nintendo should absolutely cherish customers like me. You'd think they would recognize that users who are this particular about petty details of their gaming experience are the same folks who will line up like sheep to buy a console they already own again just because it's a different color.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."