Hacking DS Lite Black not supposed to break?

DrTek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did anyone had hinge problems with a black one yet?

You scared the shit out of me, so I ordered the DS black
although I like white better
cry.gif

So please DON'T tell me the black ones have the same problems hehe

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
although from what I've seen, it tends to happen to domestic (US) white ds...I guess there is a reason it cost less....production may have been slashed somewhere to bring the savings on but may lead to more headaches than answers.

DrTek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
could be sort of an answer, calculated with the actual courses
we have to pay 191.07 U.S. dollar for a NDS lite in our big
consumer electronic shops like Media Markt or Saturn

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they are 139€, shouldnt be that much.
last week i bought (and sold
wink.gif
) a few ds lite for 111€ @media markt.

back to topic: never heard or seen pics of a black cracked lite.
i think they are manufactured at different places, as they have different problems.

mars

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember back in the Amiga days, that the black competition pro joysticks where nearly unbreakable, but the coloured ones, such as white and blue always use to crack near the base of joystick shaft. So it looks like the black plastic that the joysticks where made out of was stronger than the coloured plastics, and the same might go for dslite's as well.

DrTek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We learned something similar at the university.
Black plastics contain / consist of tougher molecules
than coloured ones.

DrTek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@mars77: samma wo wohnst du denn? Ich war heute in hier in Schweinfurt in Media Markt, Saturn und Expert: Überall gabs nur noch weiße und für 149.95.

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
My black one broke up just like the white one, due to a shifting screen the touch screen stopped working.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
No cracks on both my Enamel Navy (since release) and Noble Pink (also since these got released, but that's not too long ago) DS lites too so far. They're played everyday too and I kinda abuse the Enamel Navy since I'm getting a white one that'll probably arrive on September.

It's hard to find Japanese White DS lites at local shops now.
frown.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ageed, I got 3 ds's, a white, noble pink, and enamel blue (and soon the ff3 crystal edition)...all japanese and all no problems and beat on constantly. I really suspect a quality problem for the units in United States.

Fondue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought 2 DS Lites in Japan, pink and navy, both had problems, but not the typical ones. (Dead pixel on the pink ones, which can happen to any device) The navy blue one had some screwed up screens, and the touch screen was only half-way glued on.

Buying a good DS Lite is like betting on green in roulette.

The black plastic/molecule thing is interesting.

dirtyweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that there are more white DS Lite's around, so it's more common that you will see problems involving a white DS.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@mars77: samma wo wohnst du denn? Ich war heute in hier in Schweinfurt in Media Markt, Saturn und Expert: Überall gabs nur noch weiße und für 149.95.

Ruhrgebiet.
Hier kosten DS bei Saturn/MediaMarkt überall 139€.
Leztens gab es eine Aktion bei MediaMarkt für 111€, da hab ich erstmal zugeschlagen
wink.gif

Mars

DiegoCJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The problem happens only with the US white consoles because it was a problem in the production line, Nintendo released a note that confirms that in the American DS Lite it had a problem with the hinges (they were too tight) but only 0.02% of the DS Lites were affected... since the Jap and Euro are made in differente production lines you can buy any color that it will be fine...

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The problem happens only with the US white consoles because it was a problem in the production line, Nintendo released a note that confirms that in the American DS Lite it had a problem with the hinges (they were too tight) but only 0.02% of the DS Lites were affected... since the Jap and Euro are made in different production lines you can buy any color that it will be fine...

Thats just simply isnt true, European ds lites suffer from the exact same cracking problems as the American ds lites do...

fatfree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem happens only with the US white consoles because it was a problem in the production line, Nintendo released a note that confirms that in the American DS Lite it had a problem with the hinges (they were too tight) but only 0.02% of the DS Lites were affected... since the Jap and Euro are made in differente production lines you can buy any color that it will be fine...

FALSE!!

http://dslcracked.awardspace.com/

According to my stats website, I have a BLUE that cracked, and the other whites are from different countries, NOT just U.S.

May I see that "note" you claim Nintendo happened to release please? Otherwise, I call BS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte