Hacking DS Freezes when Flashcart is inserted

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I have a problem with my R4i 3DS flashcart.
When I turn on my DS Lite, It freezes at the Nintendo DS logo and the big letters 'DS' is barely visible.
It also happens when I don't have my MicroSD card in it.

Original DS carts works, so it;s not the port or something.
What happened to it? Did my flashcart brick or something?

Thanks in advance.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, did you just buy this cart? Are you sure it's one that's meant to be run on a standard DS as opposed to a 3DS? I'm not sure on the R4 nomenclature, as it seems they change it like most people change underwear.

By chance, might you be able to borrow a friend's DS to try out? If it works on theirs, but not on yours, you might have to do some kind of firmware update, or worse, it might be a problem with your DS specifically.

Reactions: BestR4i3DS.com

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have gotten this with an EZV and AKRPG because of a bad contact issue. Clean the contacts on the cart with a qtip and rubbing alcohol with a decent amount of pressure. Do the same to the microSD. Let it sit for a few minutes to make sure it is dry and try it again. Also if that doesn't work, try padding the bottom front of the card with 1-3 layers of tape for a better contact.

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember a friend wanted to check some games but also clicked on an update I had on the flashcart. I don't know why he did that, I don't remember what the filename was, but it froze.
After that, I got the freeze issue. Is my Flashcart bricked? If so, how to unbrick it? Thanks.

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, since it also freezes without MicroSD inserted. I already deleted everything on it because I use it for the Wii now.
And like I said earlier it happened after some update.nds file so maybe my cart is bricked, not sure, is there a way to fix it?

I will take a picture what happens with the DS when I'm home.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since he turned it off in the middle of running the update; it is probably toast and probably can't be fixed by any easy means. Get a DS Two if you want to have a top-notch card or an R4i Gold 3DS RTS if you don't care about SNES, Genesis, etc. emulation. Then never let that guy touch it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol