MDFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello people

I haven't really looked into these kind of posiblities yet, but I was wondering wether it would be possible to run 3DS roms (when they can be ripped) on a flashcard designed for the older DSes. Is it purely a software thing, and do you only need a firmware update for your flashcard's OS, or does it also involve major parts of the card's hardware?

Why I want to know? Mainly because I intend on buying a 3DS soon, and don't want to buy two flashcards if I just have to wait for a bit to get a nice, working one. I'm also getting a bit more interested in how it all works and everything.

My best bet is that it depends on the hardware, though. Not entirely sure, but I guess the 3DS games come in a new type of card capable of transfering more/different data?

Thanks,
~ Fang

Glisern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
all we knows about the 3DS so far is that the saves are very similar to DS saves and that the 3DS updates and files downloads from a NUS server just like Wii.. that's where our knowledge stops

so we don't know. doubtful but only time will tell

MDFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So we can't base theories on previous experiences with the DSes? Well, that was sort of to be expected...

I've seen people wonder about how long it'd take for the first working 3DS flashcard to be on the market, with roms rippable and all. People estimated a time of roughly a year, and another year to fully optimize it. Is this fairly accurate?

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Man... there tons of other topics about this.

Don't get your hopes up. We might even NEVER get a flashcard or whatever, to hack it. Don't estimate anything, you might just get disappointed.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
MDFang said:
So we can't base theories on previous experiences with the DSes? Well, that was sort of to be expected...

I've seen people wonder about how long it'd take for the first working 3DS flashcard to be on the market, with roms rippable and all. People estimated a time of roughly a year, and another year to fully optimize it. Is this fairly accurate?
No one knows. It's all theory. And this is like the 100th thread on the same goddamn topic. Don't people read first before posting?

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
MDFang said:

No one knows. It's all theory. And this is like the 100th thread on the same goddamn topic. Don't people read first before posting?

I think OP has a legitimate point asking if current DS flashcards will be able to play 3DS games.. I haven't really seen this iterated on all the much. I've seen plenty of threads asking about the likelihood of when flashcards will be available specifically for 3DS games, but even I was wondering if the supercard team couldn't push out an update to allow their card to be ready like a 3DS cartridge. It seems unlikely anyway, although I'm sure we're on the eve of a 3DS flashcard being announced.

Squeeks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well GBA carts could play DS ROMs eventually so I don't see why not. It'll probably be nowhere near as good as dedicated carts if/when it surfaces though, then eventually become useless in comparison to the Super R5kard 3i SakuraDS Perfect Deluxe.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I expect to see reports of a working 3DS mode flashcard the day after I get my 3DS, but that's because it will be the 1st of April, April Fools Day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger