rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chhotu uttam said:
hey rydian this is looking ausome .

But I would like to know that can the flash carts be used for nintendo 3ds?

If any please tell
yes some flashcards such as the SCDS2,Acekard 2i, iEvolution M3i Zero and Acekard 2i work on the 3DS

The recommended flashcart to get for a 3DS is the DS2 or Ak2i

Reactions: Margen67

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found typo in this part

Picking A Flash Cart

Q - How do I know which flash cart to get?
A - There's many things to take into consideration, such as what you plan to do, which DS model you have, how much money you're willing to spend, and if you care about special/addon features. If you check the Qhich Flash Cart Should I Get? sticky you'll find info on the modern flash carts, but if you're confused about a few of them or have other questions feel free to ask. Please make a thread about a flash cart you find before you buy it, because there's many many "clones", fakes, and knockoffs out there.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You don't like quiche?
frown.gif

Fixed.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
On the other hand, the menu/OS is what you run on your MicroSD that lets you choose and launch ROMs and homebrew. This is sometimes called the "firmware", but in reality it's not, it's the OS (Operating System) of the cart. In general a cart type will have it's own firmware.

You just said it wasn't firmware, then go on to refer to it as firmware. You should probably change that so its less confusing for n00bs.

And I don't think many people are going to care about FlashMe either. It's not need for slot-1 cards and has limited value even for slot-2 cards IMO. You can get a NoPass pretty cheap these days (Datel's MAX Media Launcher does the job and costs £5 from the UK Codejunkies online store), and if you have one of those its not hard to stick it in when you want to use your slot-2 card. You'd need it to install FlashMe anyway. The other functions of FlashMe (brick protection, removing health screen) aren't really worth it either, as the brickers aren't publicly available and the health screen isn't worth a potential brick over removing.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a very informative FAQ here. I should send it to some of my friends, as they seem to repeatedly ask these questions. I just hope they don't end up asking me to fix the sudokuhax so it works again or modify their SD Card slot (if they have a DSi) so they can play backup ROMs.

I should really get them "Nintendo DS for Dummies" or something. They're the type of people who think the slot-1 is an SD Card slot, no matter what you tell them, until they actually try to fit an SD Card into that slot. Heck, I've still got at least one friend who thinks he's the authority on NDS hacking just because he learned how to patch with Lunar IPS.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sora de Eclaune said:
This is a very informative FAQ here. I should send it to some of my friends, as they seem to repeatedly ask these questions. I just hope they don't end up asking me to fix the sudokuhax so it works again or modify their SD Card slot (if they have a DSi) so they can play backup ROMs.

I should really get them "Nintendo DS for Dummies" or something. They're the type of people who think the slot-1 is an SD Card slot, no matter what you tell them, until they actually try to fit an SD Card into that slot.

I beg you to shoot your friends. Being a noob is fine, being an idiot is another thing entirely. These are the people holding back humanity.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
Sora de Eclaune said:

I should really get them "Nintendo DS for Dummies" or something. They're the type of people who think the slot-1 is an SD Card slot, no matter what you tell them, until they actually try to fit an SD Card into that slot.

I beg you to shoot your friends. Being a noob is fine, being an idiot is another thing entirely. These are the people holding back humanity.
I can't shoot them! I'm not done with them yet!

But in all seriousness, they're getting better, but it's still ridiculous.. I could have a whole thread about the stupid stuff my friends do with their DS's.

Edit) Hey, there's an idea. I think I'll do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb